Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

Internet shuts down in MMO's

This is a discussion on Internet shuts down in MMO's within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. For some reason, whenever i try to play an MMO, my internet completely shuts down and i have to reboot

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 01:02 PM   #1
Registered Member

For some reason, whenever i try to play an MMO, my internet completely shuts down and i have to reboot in order for it to come back on. I can use the internet for as long as i want, but as soon as i start playing (so far have tried WoW, warhammer online, and Guild wars) it just goes derp. If someone could help me i would greatly appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2011, 04:37 PM   #2
Games Team | Tech
Networking Team-Tech

My System

Hi and welcome to TSF!
Try resetting your modem and router. Then restart network devices and see if you can play without the Internet disconnecting.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Computer Virus/Trojan Problems
Amateur. First may I thank you for responding to my request for help. I have compiled the following List of Problems that I am aware of on my computer. Windows is being stopped from updating. Trend Micro is being stopped from updating.
Jack Willday Inactive Malware Help Topics 65 07-13-2011 12:57 AM
Lets try this one more time
Hello, Randomly after I start my computer (I'm probably connected to the internet too) windows shoots up "Generic Host for Win32 processes has encountered an error and needs to close". After that I receive svchost.exe - Application Errors (The instruction at "0x001a6f64" referenced memory at...
TheCommonUser Inactive Malware Help Topics 21 06-12-2011 10:10 AM
my pc shuts down when internet disconnects
Good Day! My pc has been running perfectly fine. My only problem is that it suddenly shuts down whenever my internet disconnects at random. i am totally clueless of what's happening with my machine. it worries me a lot for I think improper pc shut downs may cause damage to the hard drive. I use...
winzky Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 1 06-05-2011 03:12 PM
Problems with homepage overide
Hello there. I sent a previous thread entitle "Problem with homepage setting- conduit has taken over..." and a hijack this log report. The moderator who replied kindly told me that hijack this is no longer the preferred initial analysis tool in this forum and directed me to the new instruction. ...
Faith Resolved HJT Threads 16 05-11-2011 05:02 AM
Start menu programs gone, Icons, files and folders hidden, random audio, IE redirect
Last night, I was surfing the net. Suddenly audio started playing on my speakers, and desktop icons started disappearing. Then I got a notice like "your IDE/SATA drive has failed....." i hit control+alt+delete, and it said task manager has been disabled by the administrator, which, or course is me...
ynpguy Resolved HJT Threads 16 04-02-2011 09:23 PM