Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

Internet dies when playing Aion

This is a discussion on Internet dies when playing Aion within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Usually, I can fix something and it'll never happen again when it comes to computers but this one has got

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 11:00 AM   #1
Registered Member

Usually, I can fix something and it'll never happen again when it comes to computers but this one has got me stumped...

I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop. Windows Vista unfortunately...
I use it sometimes to play online games...
One game in particular named Aion and my laptop seem to not get along.

One day out of nowhere my laptop decided it would like to have the internet stop working when you play Aion on it. You can log on to Aion and walk around for maybe 3 minutes or so until the internet completely dies. This can only be fixed by restarting the laptop.

I've looked everywhere and I've seen similar problems but nothing related to it happening while playing Aion or any other online game.

This problem only occurs when playing Aion, nothing else triggers it.

I did fix it once, by cleaning up the registry files and now it's returned. I don't know if there are any other suggestions out there? Maybe it's not the registry?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2011, 03:43 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Hello and welcome to TSF!

Is this the only game it happens with? Do you know if your router is a single or dual-band router? Have you tried using Ethernet cable instead of wireless?

Try making sure your anti-virus and firewall are not blocking the game. It may help to enable the game through a router firewall as well.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Computer Virus/Trojan Problems
Amateur. First may I thank you for responding to my request for help. I have compiled the following List of Problems that I am aware of on my computer. Windows is being stopped from updating. Trend Micro is being stopped from updating.
Jack Willday Inactive Malware Help Topics 65 07-13-2011 12:57 AM
XP Internet Security 2012 Firewall Alert
Hello. Two days ago I got the virus XP Internet Security 2012 Firewall Alert. It does not let me open any file/folder/browser. When I try to google how to remove it, it redirects me to different websites. Please ...
lilbrat0326 Resolved HJT Threads 15 07-03-2011 06:49 PM
.exe problems, and possible Malware issues
Aloha, Need help... not sure what to do, hopefully I posted this correctly this time! Mahalo, Red Eye . DDS (Ver_2011-06-03.01) - NTFSx86 Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.18702 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_24 Run by Jennifer at 14:07:36 on 2011-06-09
RED EYE TRUKIN Resolved HJT Threads 10 06-28-2011 06:27 AM
Can someone help me see what's up?
I'm a real computer noob I don't know exactly what's going on but ill try to describe it, mostly I'm concerned about a keylogger though. The other problems are every now and then on Google I'll click a link and I'll get sent to some random website, sometimes outta nowhere a new tab will open up to...
soboman Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 13 05-13-2011 02:20 PM
pix firewall 515E internet problem
Hello this is my pix firewall 515E configuration. Password: Type help or '?' for a list of available commands. pixfirewall> en Password: pixfirewall# show runn : Saved :
uzairsiddiqui Security and Firewalls 0 04-27-2011 05:16 AM