Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

I need help portforwarding my minecraft

This is a discussion on I need help portforwarding my minecraft within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Ok so ive done all the steps both the normal manual way where you get the ip go into your

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 12:19 AM   #1
Registered Member

Ok so ive done all the steps both the normal manual way where you get the ip go into your router site and port forward it that way and the way where you download a "Simple port forwarding" program both ways have the same result. This result is that the udp is open however the tcp is not I NEED HELP and before you comment on this yes I have gone into my fire wall and added a new rule on the inbound side, moments after i posted this (im editing) i tried adding the same rules to the outbound side, same result. Should i add it to souley specific ports or all ports? Help Me Please! I simply do not understand why the udp but not tcp will work, ive read forums on tcp working but not udp but NEVER the other way around. Thank you
P.s I also have skype if needed (Its a minecraft skype with no personal info)
~Dominoyo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2013, 01:05 PM   #2
Games Team | Tech
Networking Team-Tech

My System

Hi and welcome to TSF!
Yes, you can try setting temporarily putting your computer in the DMZ on the router. Can you post the make and model of your modem and router?

Gaming troubleshooting steps.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. -Jim Elliot
Old 06-23-2013, 01:11 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

OS: XP, Windows7-8, Server03, Server08, SBS2008, SBS2011, Server2012

My System

Have you read over this article?

Port Forwarding on your Router | Tech Support Forum

I work about 60 hours a week and spend the rest of my time with Family and a couple of online communities, so please be patient when waiting for a reply
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Minecraft portforwarding HELP
:sad:hey guys i been having problems for years now:sad: about 2 years ago i hosted a minecraft server on port 25565 everything worked perfectly fine. then our router got some virus/crash or something so it was on a repair for 3 weeks meanwhile it was on a repair i got a new anti virus....
hejhej771 Networking Support 29 12-03-2012 06:52 AM
minecraft crash zeppelin mod
i have a mod that i installed and it crashes minecraft. please help. here is the error code. 9 mods loaded Minecraft Forge 3.3.8.152 FML v2.2.78.153 Forge Mod Loader version 2.2.78.153 for Minecraft 1.2.5 mod_CodeChickenCore : Initialized (minecraft.jar) mod_Blocks : Initialized...
Tuckortum Mods and Maps 6 12-03-2012 06:11 AM
Need Minecraft help.
Okay I have been without minecraft for about 6 months. My minecraft stopped working shortly after I did a full computer update. I have tried rolling back everything and that has not helped. I am getting the hs_err_pid# error and have tried every fix I can find and still nothing seems to work. I am...
Imissminecraft PC Gaming Support 3 09-18-2012 12:42 PM
Problem with Minecraft and Steam
Hey guys, I'm having this weird problem with Minecraft and Steam; Every time I try to launch Minecraft as a non-Steam game through Steam, it shows the busy signal for a second or two, stops then doesn't launch Minecraft by the looks of it. However, if I launch Minecraft with a shortcut on the...
XimwatchingyouX PC Gaming Support 21 07-21-2011 11:20 AM
Possible Minecraft Account Security Issue
More details here - Possible Minecraft Account Security Issue - Minecraft Universe
koala Gaming Discussion 0 03-16-2011 08:15 PM