Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

Help Please

This is a discussion on Help Please within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Anyone wanna help me with a quick question, how do gamers hear game volume from console, while using teamspeak/skype/discord on

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 05:27 PM   #1
Registered Member

Anyone wanna help me with a quick question, how do gamers hear game volume from console, while using teamspeak/skype/discord on pc. Do you need a mix amp or something else for this, just wanna know for when buying stuff in the future, Thanks For The Help if do <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2016, 11:15 AM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

I'm not sure what you mean.

Are you asking how a YouTuber records their voice and game sounds?
Old 10-16-2016, 08:24 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Think he means listening to both a game playing on a console and teamspeak running on a PC, presumably while using headphones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2016, 10:48 PM   #4
Troubled

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallt View Post
Think he means listening to both a game playing on a console and teamspeak running on a PC, presumably while using headphones.
I just had the same issue/question yesterday when I installed TeamSpeak for the 1st time and could not hear the players because the game volume was too loud. Decided I need to hear the game more than the other players. Independent volume control between the game and team speak during game play seems highly unlikely.
Old 10-17-2016, 05:22 AM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

My System

I don't have a console, if a game isn't available for PC, I don't play it. But the realtek on board I have can play sound from the audio input to the headphones while also playing the game sounds.

Would just need a patch cord with headphone connectors on each end to connect console output to computer input.
You can get headphone to headphone cords, but only in short lengths. I typically use two 3.5mm headphone to twin RCA connectors, the Y type with roughly 6 inch cords, not the solid block style, with an RCA patch cable because you can get them in nearly any length.
Closed Thread