Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

HELP!!Does Anyone know how I can get around this situation That I have pasted below?

This is a discussion on HELP!!Does Anyone know how I can get around this situation That I have pasted below? within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I signed up for a gaming website and this is the message below I got .. Your PS4 account was

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 11:10 AM   #1
Registered Member

I signed up for a gaming website and this is the message below I got ..

Your PS4 account was flagged as requires vetting, This could be for many
reasons but the main reason we require this is to make sure your account
is not an existing or a 2nd tag .*

how do they figure I have a second accounts?...

is there a way to change my ps4 CID or MAC to seem like its a different ps4?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2017, 12:22 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Was this for a gaming clan/guild? That's not unheard of to prevent sockpuppeting. They'll probably just use extrapolation and dot connecting to figure it out. Nothing fancy or scary. Essentially (if they're serious), cross reference common names you seem to have with other PSN accounts - for example if they know your country, they may look for all PSN accounts named Edward that have played games XYZ.

Your PS4 is uniquely identifiable but the chances of a third party discovering its MAC address is low; changing it would require a firmware flash or hack which is expressly forbidden by TSF and PlayStation Terms of Service agreements.

I doubt their methodology is sound, so don't worry.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:50 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by -WOLF- View Post
Was this for a gaming clan/guild? That's not unheard of to prevent sockpuppeting. They'll probably just use extrapolation and dot connecting to figure it out. Nothing fancy or scary. Essentially (if they're serious), cross reference common names you seem to have with other PSN accounts - for example if they know your country, they may look for all PSN accounts named Edward that have played games XYZ.

Your PS4 is uniquely identifiable but the chances of a third party discovering its MAC address is low; changing it would require a firmware flash or hack which is expressly forbidden by TSF and PlayStation Terms of Service agreements.

I doubt their methodology is sound, so don't worry.
No it's Leaguegaming :: Your Virtual Career a vurt hockey league site
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2017, 07:24 PM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Ah okay, it's a competitive league. They most assuredly forbid using multiple accounts, so they probably had an automated system that flagged either your login activity (where you access the website), or your gaming activity (where you play the game and participate in league-affiliated games) as suspicious.
Note that this is not uncommon and is probably standard procedure, particularly if you reach a certain membership goal such as tenure, ranks, games played or money earned.

It may also be a false-positive. If you're concerned, I would tweet the site administrators
Closed Thread