Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

Having trouble port forwarding when XB1 is wired

This is a discussion on Having trouble port forwarding when XB1 is wired within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Okay so when I initially setup port forwarding on my X-box One, the console was hooked up via Wifi. I

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 07:57 AM   #1
Registered Member

Okay so when I initially setup port forwarding on my X-box One, the console was hooked up via Wifi. I setup a static IP address and forwarded all the required ports no problem. I've been playing like this for months and everything's been fine. Recently I decided to switch to a wired connection, but I've had some major problems with this.

Firstly, when the console is wired, every time I try to manually input the X-Box One's IP address the console refuses to use that address. The static IP I assigned the console is 192.168.0.8, and the console has no problem staying with that IP while I am connected via wifi. When I manually input while it's wired, the IP address instead goes to 165.xxx.xxx.xxx. Even the subnet mask is different (255.255.0.0 instead of 255.255.255.0).

I tried port forwarding to this new IP address instead, but when I try to do this I get an error message on my PC because the new IP address is outside of the DHCP range (it says 192.168.0.10 to 192.168.0.200).

So what can I do? I would prefer to have a wired connection, any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2015, 08:43 AM   #2
Registered Member

And problem solved! Okay, so apparently the IP address problem comes from having a static IP that you were connecting to wirelessly beforehand that you now want to connect to while wired. The solution is, while still hooked up via wifi, manually change your console's IP to something besides the static IP you've chosen. Then, under Network settings in your console, hit 'disconnect wireless' and then try manually assigning your IP address again. Your console will no longer be throwing out some random address. This worked for me, hopefully this post will help others.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Port Forwarding for IP Camera not working
My modem/router is Riger and model is DB108-WL. I had set Port Forwarding in my modem/router configuration page using web https://192.168.1.1 I had disable the uPNP setting in both the modem/router and camera setting page. Besides, also disable the firewall on the modem/router and on my laptop...
bill76 Networking Support 22 12-20-2013 12:15 AM
Problems
I believe I have some corruption and/or malware on this system. Its an overall pain in the butt. Here is DDS: DDS (Ver_2012-11-20.01) - NTFS_x86 Internet Explorer: 9.0.8112.16450 BrowserJavaVersion: 10.5.1 Run by Josh at 9:20:56 on 2012-12-01
Jtsou Inactive Malware Help Topics 48 12-21-2012 06:55 AM
Horrible net speeds suddenly
Ok , I have had trouble with Mediacom in the past when they overload nodes. The past few months my connection has been great considering it's mediacom. I was getting 20-30 mb dl and 2mb upload which is right for my 20 mb line I pay for. Last night though all of the sudden I am getting 1-3 mb dl and...
Drivethrujerod Networking Support 26 12-17-2012 04:43 PM
Lag in Dragon Age: Origins
I have Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition for the PC. My PC surpasses the minimum requirements for the game and it runs really well for about an hour until it begins to get really sluggish. Around this point the loading times will increase and the frame rate will drop. What would cause that? ...
AndyJP PC Gaming Support 9 01-30-2011 06:47 AM
No Sound Problem !!!
I have problem with no sound on my PC. It began after restarting. When I go to Device manager > Sound , video and game controllers I see yellow warning sign and when click on it ___Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)___...
damjanes Driver Support 8 01-21-2011 04:32 AM