Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

Forced to use VPN

This is a discussion on Forced to use VPN within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I'm having problems connecting to some programs (not all) on my computer. Someone tells me I need to use

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 03:05 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello, I'm having problems connecting to some programs (not all) on my computer. Someone tells me I need to use VPN software to connect to some of those programs. So I try it out.. Downloaded a popular VPN and at last I connected to the ones I couldn't! Here's the issue though.. I don't want to use VPN to connect to these programs when I used to connect to them just fine from my own ISP. Also Don't wish to be slowed down using free VPN software. I can't multitask like I used too.. AND Don't want to pay for faster speeds for VPN.

All in all I Don't want to be forced to use VPN to connect to anything.

Hope this is the correct section to post this issue. Thanks for the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2015, 03:20 PM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Please post an example of a program you're attempting to access.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:06 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corday View Post
Please post an example of a program you're attempting to access.
World of warcraft private server is the main one. When they changed there hardware to "new hardware" It wouldn't let me connect anymore. They're the ones that told me to use VPN from now on, without telling me how to actually fix the issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2015, 04:43 PM   #4
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

I'm moving this to our On-line/Network Gaming support forum. I'm sure they've encountered this.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:44 PM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corday View Post
I'm moving this to our On-line/Network Gaming support forum. I'm sure they've encountered this.
Ok
Old 04-13-2015, 08:49 PM   #6
Registered Member

Anyone?
Old 04-18-2015, 12:08 AM   #7
Registered Member

Apparently it's my router. When I unplugged it and did a direct connection from the modem to my comp it fixed the issue. Problem is I need to have my router connected. Maybe I need to setup some ports for the game I'm playing? Already did DNS flush, turned off all my firewalls and anything security related, un and reinstalled the game and such.
Closed Thread