Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

floundering dad....help!

This is a discussion on floundering dad....help! within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. i've just joined in order to see if someone could help with the new playstation 3 i bought. i have

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 09:42 AM   #1
Registered Member

i've just joined in order to see if someone could help with the new playstation 3 i bought. i have two sons who live in texas and their mom is weirding out, so the boys told me we could talk and game if i went out and bought a playstation 3...well, 400 dollars later, i havve the system but can't seem to get it to work properly. i have aemachines el1352g-01w with a windows 7 os. my service provider is hughes net and i have their hn7000s system.i'm connected through a d-link des-1105 switch to the ps3. i tried tech support at hughes net and they are trying to sell me an upgrade to a hn9000 sys., but can't seem to tell me if this will resolve my problem. i can get acsess to most of the online stuff...but the gaming and the pscam don't seem to be fast enough to use. could someone please help me? oh the ps3 is 120gig if that helps..............thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2011, 10:11 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Hello and welcome to TSF!

You should have a regular modem or router and connect using that via wireless to the router or via Ethernet to the modem.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:48 PM   #3
Registered Member

thanks, io really appreticate your time, i have already made the connections that are obvios. i am having problems streaming, i played for the first time with him last night and though his guy moved as supposed to, mine on the on the other hand moved as if it may have risen from a grave...i still am not sure of the cam operation, we didn't try it last night...there has to be some coputer thing that i am not doing right now...i hate tha fact that i spent 400 dollars and still can not interact with my boys, though i'm able to chat via the playstation its not quite what i had in mind. if you can help i would really appreciateit, if not this is just a 400 dollar bow to me.....thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2011, 02:35 AM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Hi there,

Could you perform a Speedtest and post the results back here.
It may just be that you're not getting enough bandwidth.

Cheers.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:47 AM   #5
Registered Member

hey thanks, download 0.61mb/s,,upload o.19mb/s,,ping 782ms..... the teast seems to be telling me that the computer is actuall good...i think...but though we are4 achieving connection with each other its impossible to play with him. when i use a weapon or run i'm lagging so bad i have to shoot him about a thousand times before a hit registers. the playstation shows a single red dot on my connection page. if you need anymore info let me know and i really appreciate your time, this means so much to me and my sons...tnks
Old 07-01-2011, 12:09 PM   #6
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Wow, your speed is really inadequate for gaming at all. You should have at least a 2-3 mb/s connection, they aren't usually too expensive. I have a 16mbps connection which gets me massive download speeds and it's about $80 a month.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:23 PM   #7
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Send a message via ICQ to ebackhus Send a message via AIM to ebackhus Send a message via MSN to ebackhus Send a message via Yahoo to ebackhus Send a message via Skype™ to ebackhus

If he has Hughes it's likely he lives where he can't get DSL or cable. Unless you can move that's about all that you can do.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:32 PM   #8
Registered Member

Hughes net is satilite internet I believe, if so that's means the latency from your home to the satilite in space is about 1 second maybe a little less, so even you had a faster internet speed the latency makes your player glitch around makes and video choppy, I used to have satilite internet and that's what it did for me, so I hope what I said helped the solution would be dsl or cable. Call a local provider of these services and see if it comes to your house
Closed Thread