Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

Downloading from EA Origin

This is a discussion on Downloading from EA Origin within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, i have some questions before i make an origin account and start buying games. Hope u guys can shed

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 11:15 AM   #1
Registered Member

EEK!

Hi, i have some questions before i make an origin account and start buying games. Hope u guys can shed some light on it for me faster than contacting their customer services:
1) I have a really crappy net at home but decent enough ping (I think...i can play bf4 on xbox live). First question: Does PC games (especially Titan fall, bf series etc) require better ping than xbox360? Im struggling with xbox live as it is now.
2) Second question: It'll take forever to download from home. Can i download a game from origin from elsewhere (my office where we have Optic lines) and copy and install on my home system?
3) Does setting game settings higher increase lag? Playing bf4 on medium and ultra changes anything online?
Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2015, 07:08 PM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

1. Go to www.speedtest.net and please report the results.

2. Yes, you can do that. However, the game must be downloaded and installed on the main machine, not a work machine.

3. It increases computer lag, yes.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My U-torrent has stopped downloading
Hello guys! I don't know the actual forum for this question: However my question is that my u-torrent has stopped downloading all of the torrents.... while Idm is still working quite good... I was downloading two torrents. One was nearly completed (89.6%) and 2nd one was at 10%... when it so...
Hassan786 Other Browsers 1 03-09-2013 03:55 AM
[SOLVED] Unable to connect to EA Origin
Hello, when I try to go online on Origin I get the following error: "NOT CONNECTED TO ORIGIN. Unable to connect. Please check your internet connection, or try again later if the problem persists" The first time I got this error was two weeks ago. The funny thing is that it only happens when...
Ysquanir Online/Network Gaming Support 2 12-20-2012 04:16 PM
[SOLVED] Origin and Star Wars the Old Republic
Hey Guys Got a quick question for you. I have Star Wars : The Old Republic. I did not buy it through Origin. I have also purchased Battlefield 3 a while ago which forced me to use Origin. I noticed when I logged into Origin, it had a order history of me purchasing SWTOR time.
Nato85 PC Gaming Support 4 11-09-2012 11:41 PM
APPS downloading faild
Hi, I have problem with downloading Google apps on my Samsung tablet or smart phone on my WiFi home network ( modem Vigor 2700 and WiFi ruter conected in to modem ). Internet surfing works ok, the same Win. computer and downloading works normaly. I have open my [email protected] acount, I can...
bosmari Android OS 0 11-06-2012 03:56 AM