Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

Dissconnecting then Reconnecting

This is a discussion on Dissconnecting then Reconnecting within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. About 2 weeks ago when I started having this problem, I would play a game like LoL or talk to

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 12:08 AM   #1
Registered Member

About 2 weeks ago when I started having this problem, I would play a game like LoL or talk to a friend on Skype, and I would get the "attempting to reconnect" thing then reconnect in LoL or get the internet problem and re-call the person on Skype. Also this would only happen at around 8 PM until I go to sleep at around 12 AM. So far I have tried restarting my router/modem, changing my DNS, disabling firewalls/antivirus, and uninstalling/reinstalling my network adapter drivers, but the problem still persists, and it's really making me angry because I can't play LoL after 8. So what can I do to fix this?

Additional Info:

While I DC, I can still load pages like Youtube or Facebook, and devices that use my wireless connection are working fine too so I think the problem isn't my router.

I connected to a laptop using the same ethernet cable I use for my desktop and the laptop was working fine so my cable probably isn't the problem either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Repeated disconnecting and reconnecting
Hi, Neo here Lately, I've been having an issue with my laptop consistently disconnecting and reconnecting me to the internet. It's actually happening to me right now as I type this message. The laptop will stay on the internet for about 1 or 2 minutes, then it will have a brief period of...
Neoblade298 Networking Support 2 05-30-2014 04:11 PM
Reconnecting rehabs access to site
I hope this query is in the correct place so move it if not. I have modem (56K) connection to internet via my ISP. I have a set of lights on a tester connected between my computer and modem so that I can watch the blinky lights. When I attempt to connect to some web sights, the send/receive...
geosman Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 2 07-13-2013 11:15 PM
WiFi periodically disconnecting and reconnecting Win 8
I have a new Toshiba Portege R930 64 Bit running Win 8 One month into using I am now having trouble with WiFi periodically disconnecting and reconnecting. I am running other computers (1 Toshibha Portege R750 Win 7 and iPad amongst others) on the same wireless network without this issue. It...
allantibby Windows 8, 8.1 Support 12 04-26-2013 04:09 AM
Internet keeps disconnecting and ten reconnecting
Hey there! my internet keeps disconnecting and then reconnecting after for some reason. I am using wifi on my computer to connect to the internet and every other computer in the house uses same thing and works fine. But my computer keeps disconnecting and then reconnecting to internet for...
ashimashi Networking Support 1 11-28-2011 04:26 PM