Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

DDO not launching

This is a discussion on DDO not launching within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I recently downloaded Dungeons and Dragons Online on my Windows 8 stationary computer. It worked fine for the first few

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 12:02 AM   #1
Registered Member

I recently downloaded Dungeons and Dragons Online on my Windows 8 stationary computer. It worked fine for the first few days, but now it won't launch. I have clicked both the icon pinned to my taskbar, the icon on my desktop and the icon in the Windows screen several times, to no avail.
Looking at Task Manager, I see that the launcher runs as a background programme, and when I click the icon anywhere on the three aforementioned places a second launcher will appear in the background programmes, run for a maximum of four seconds, and disappear. Nothing whatsoever happens. I have restarted my computer, I have troubleshot the programme, I have looked on the Internet for help and found none.
This is a problem I have encountered before, on my Windows 7 laptop, but it has only lasted for a certain and not very long amount of time or been solved by a restart. Out of the three online games I play (BattleForge and Star Trek: Online being the two others) it is the only one giving me problems. It didn't start after a game update either; it just came out of the blue.
Can anyone help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2013, 10:02 AM   #2
Moderator - Games Team
Articles Team

My System

Hi! How are ya? Welcome to TSF!

First, have you tried shutting down the launcher in the Manager, then restarting it?

I had this problem in another online game; I would sometimes exit the launcher by right clicking and selecting Close or Alt-F4 instead of the X button and it wouldn't shut down completely. It still showed in the Processes tab of the Manager and I couldn't restart it until I shut it down completely.

If I don't reply within two days PM me as I sometimes get busy and forget threads.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IE launching itself and not allowing any other action.
As the title suggests, Internet explorer keeps launching itself in fullscreen mode, as though I had pressed F11, and will not allow any action other than pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL. If I press ALT-F4 the page dissappears, but reappears within a fraction of a second. The page it displays is the standard...
TheCharimanMeow Internet Explorer & Edge Forum 4 08-08-2012 04:14 PM
DDO will not start
Every time i finish downloading DDO and i trie to start this message pops up and it wont let me countinue: An error has occurred. System.BadImageFormatException: ? at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoadImage(Byte rawAssembly, Byte raw symbolStore, Evidence evidence, StackCrawlmark& stackmark)...
Soccerme1 Game Installation Support 2 06-09-2011 01:50 PM
Programmer imprisoned for two years for launching retaliatory botnets
A computer programmer was sentenced Friday to two years in prison for using a botnet made up of 100,000 computers to retaliate against websites that published an embarrassing article about him, including Rollingstone.com and Radaronline.com. Bruce Raisley, 48, of Kansas City, Missouri, was...
Glaswegian Computer Security News 0 04-19-2011 12:04 PM
Keyboard continually launching media player
My Laptop is an Acer Aspire 7730 running Windows Vista Home Basic. Since yesterday whenever I press any key on keyboard Windows MEdia Player launches. When Media Player launches it doesnt actually play anything, it simply displays its library. If it is already running then the focus switches...
stevog Laptop Support 6 02-02-2011 01:42 PM
Windows 7 PC restarts itself when launching certain games/restarts itself on random
Hi guys having a big issue with my new computer here, it started when i installed Grand Theft Auto 4, everytime i tried launching the game on Steam/in folder. My computer restarts itself straight away each time! Later on i notice when i left the computer on while i'm sleepin the computer...
hirax BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 3 01-24-2011 05:51 AM