Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

CS:GO Time outs on most official servers.

This is a discussion on CS:GO Time outs on most official servers. within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. A week ago, this problem started to happen. Basically most of the times I join a Valve official CS:GO server,

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 10:01 AM   #1
Registered Member

A week ago, this problem started to happen.

Basically most of the times I join a Valve official CS:GO server, the game freezes and I get a timeout. When I copy the server IP I went to and ping it in cmd I get Request timed out. 100% loss.

Please help I've been trying to solve this problem for a week already and I couldn't find a solution.

Here's some info you may ask for:

- I'm connected through a wired connection.
- I have good ping to CS:GO servers.
- My internet is working perfectly with no problems. I only have this problem with CS:GO and CS 1.6 servers.

If you need any more info feel free to ask me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2015, 04:07 PM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Is it all servers or only a select few?

Are you attempting to connect to a server outside of your country?
Old 09-02-2015, 09:51 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterchiefxx17 View Post
Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Is it all servers or only a select few?

Are you attempting to connect to a server outside of your country?
I can connect and play on some Valve servers with no problem but I always time out on others. This has also happened with some community servers and with CS 1.6

Yeah the server is not in my country but that's not a problem. I live in Egypt and EU servers are the closest to me, I always get good ping there. Getting 60-70 on EU west and 80-100 on EU east. I've been playing CS for over a year already and I didn't have this kind of problem before. It only happened to me a week ago. I've tried contacting my ISP but they said everything is working good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2015, 11:40 PM   #4
Registered Member

Ok here's an update:

I figured out that you cannot ping Valve servers so I tried to join a community server. I timed out on it but when I ping it, it works and that puts a few things in my mind:

1. It's a problem with my OS 50%

2. It's a problem with CS:GO 30% (Maybe less because this happens with CS 1.6 too)

3. It's a problem with my graphics 10% (Because I upgraded to the GTX 750 Ti 2 weeks ago and the problem started happening a week after it)

4. Unknown problem.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:41 PM   #5
Registered Member

I really really really don't want to re-install the OS. I'll only do it as the last resort.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:25 AM   #6
Registered Member

Update 2:

Seems that this happens with TF2 sometimes too. This is probably a problem with all source games for me.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:57 AM   #7
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

My System

It sounds to me that Steam/Valve have made adjustments to their servers. It could be because of your location, they are no longer providing support.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:50 AM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterchiefxx17 View Post
It sounds to me that Steam/Valve have made adjustments to their servers. It could be because of your location, they are no longer providing support.
How can that be? Are you 100% sure? I've been playing TF2 and CS:GO for a year already and I never had this problem...
Old 09-03-2015, 07:42 PM   #9
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

My System

No, I cannot be certain since I don't work for them or know their servers.

Best would be to contact the Steam TF2/CSGO forms and see if other people from your area have the same problem.
Old 05-08-2016, 07:31 AM   #10
Registered Member

OS: Windows 8.1 Home Editon (32BIT) / Windows 10 Professional (64bit)

Go to steam > libary > csgo (right click csgo ) properties > local files > verify integrity of game cache try that :)
Closed Thread