Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

CounterStrike Source lag issue

This is a discussion on CounterStrike Source lag issue within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have been having a weird lag issue for about 10 months now, I have tried many things which have

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 12:46 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have been having a weird lag issue for about 10 months now, I have tried many things which have not solved the issue over that time, hopefully someone here can help.

I built my computer myself.

MOBO: GA-870A-UD3 (rev2.1) GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3 - GA-870A-UD3 (rev. 2.1)
CPU: AMD phenom II x4 965 black edition @ 3.4ghz
RAM: 4GB ddr3
PSU: COOLMAX CXI-600B
VIDEO: Geforce GTS 250

My issue is the overall gameplay is choppy/laggy. When i kill someone there is a delay from when i shoot them to when they die. The choppyness is noticable in my gun models as they seem twitchy most of the time.

I have tried:
reformatting (xp and 7)
Buying a new mobo
replacing ram sticks
replacing video card
replaced my cpu cooler
replaced my NIC
switching isps from verizon fios to comcast cable
-Temperatures are fine-

I am on a wired connection & the issue does happen on both computers in my network. Even when the other computer is off.

https://www.speedtest.net/result/1170949904.png
https://www.pingtest.net/result/35324435.png

The only lead i have is that around the time the issue started my ping increased by about 15ms to every server. Before the issue i would get about 32ms ping to chicago servers, now i get around 45-50ms. Texas went from around 50ms to around 65-70.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Please any help is appreciated. Thank You.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2011, 12:54 PM   #2
Registered Member

there are certain rates that you need to make sure you set.

try entering these commands in the console window:

cl_updaterate "101" (other values to try - 66, or 30)
cl_cmdrate "101" (other values to try - 66, or 30)

also there is this command as well:
cl_interp "0.01"

Im not sure what the values should or can be in these fields as i havent played in a while, but I think all of the server tic rates are changed to 66 tic since the major update. As around online as well for help with these commands.

I hope this helps to solve your issue.

p.s. also, try to go to steam game library and defrag all game files that could be messed up.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:07 PM   #3
Registered Member

Yeah I am aware of all the game tweaks such as these settings, I have been playing CSS for about 3-4 years now and have played on a few professional teams for leagues such as CEVO and ESEA. I have a lot of knowledge of the game settings and made sure it wasnt steam or my game settings. Thank you for the quick reply though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2011, 02:09 PM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telento View Post
Yeah I am aware of all the game tweaks such as these settings, I have been playing CSS for about 3-4 years now and have played on a few professional teams for leagues such as CEVO and ESEA. I have a lot of knowledge of the game settings and made sure it wasnt steam or my game settings. Thank you for the quick reply though.
Same here. Do you use a net graph at all?
Old 02-23-2011, 03:25 PM   #5
Registered Member

Yes. I will post screenshots later tonight.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:56 PM   #6
-Articles Team
-Games Team

Location: Norfolk, East Anglia, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

My System

Hey mate,

Do a Speed Test (using the link in my sig) and post the link here.

It could be that it is a slow internet-speed issue.

Thanks,
Redeye
Closed Thread