Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

Constant lag and disconnects when playing PS4.

This is a discussion on Constant lag and disconnects when playing PS4. within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. After we recently changed to a new router (Netgear WNDR4300v2); I have been dealing with never-ending lag. I'm pretty sure

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 07:39 PM   #1
Registered Member

After we recently changed to a new router (Netgear WNDR4300v2); I have been dealing with never-ending lag. I'm pretty sure I can narrow it down to the router because the previous router we had, an old Linkys; never had the issues I'm experiencing. I still have the Linkys and I swapped it to back up my theory.

I've tried almost all the solutions I have found online but none seem to help. I don't have a lot of knowledge when it comes to setting up a network so I'm hoping someone out there could help me. I ran a speed test and my results were

Here are the settings (the ones I believe are important) I have set on the router:

Channel 6
Mode: Up to 54 Mbps
MTU 1500
DMZ is disabled
Port Forwarding is enabled
UPnP is disabled

I should mention that it is a wireless connection and that the router is not in my room. Is the router a lost cause and has no fix or could it be something else? Thanks again everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2016, 05:44 AM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

If this issue doesn't happen with the Linksys router whatsoever, then I would look into getting a replacement for the Netgear.
Closed Thread