Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

Computer shuts down suddenly when playing games and other things at the same time

This is a discussion on Computer shuts down suddenly when playing games and other things at the same time within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My computer for the first time (I have had this computer for a year and a half) 2 days ago,

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 05:42 PM   #1
Registered Member

Cry

My computer for the first time (I have had this computer for a year and a half) 2 days ago, crashed. When it did I was Skyping my friend while playing a game called Garry's Mod with him, on the dedicated server I was hosting on my computer. I was running a game, a Skype call, and a dedicated server, and it just shut down suddenly and instantly.

Today, I was doing the same thing, but with a game called Unturned, and it did this twice within 5-10 minutes. The problem is simply the whole computer going black and turning off instantly. It is basically a hard reboot, no shutdown screen, no warning or notice, nothing, just instantaneously, OFF.

Please help! This has only been happening for 3 days and it is really annoying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2015, 05:53 PM   #2
TSF - Enthusiast

My System

Please list all your computers hardware including the power supply so we can better assist you. We have no idea what hardware you're running. Suddenly shutting down is usually power or heat related.
Old 06-23-2015, 06:17 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amd_Man View Post
Please list all your computers hardware including the power supply so we can better assist you. We have no idea what hardware you're running. Suddenly shutting down is usually power or heat related.
Lenovo G700

64 bit
6GB ram
Intel core i7
Windows 8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2015, 12:06 AM   #4
Registered Member

Check the memory in Performance of Windows Task Manager, there's a Resource Monitor button bellow and see CPU or Memory running processes, see are there something suspiciously going on or not...

Your computer configuration is ok.. Only, that dedicated server that you are hosting can cause a problem of shutting down of your comp..
Old 06-25-2015, 02:28 PM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellens View Post
Check the memory in Performance of Windows Task Manager, there's a Resource Monitor button bellow and see CPU or Memory running processes, see are there something suspiciously going on or not...

Your computer configuration is ok.. Only, that dedicated server that you are hosting can cause a problem of shutting down of your comp..
I just tried it, Memory was the highest thing, and it went up as high as 81% at one point, and I do remember around the time the issue occurred either my disk or my memory was at 100%, it may have been my disk but this time disk was at 7%.
Closed Thread