Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

Computer Freezes when Joining Server/Browsing Internet

This is a discussion on Computer Freezes when Joining Server/Browsing Internet within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, The past couple of days I have been having some issues with my desktop computer. I will try to

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 09:13 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,

The past couple of days I have been having some issues with my desktop computer. I will try to describe them as best I can, but I know very little about computer issues.

Whenever I was joining a server in Counter Strike: Global Offensive Competitive mode, my computer froze on the loading screen. I shut-down my computer, then when I tried to boot it back up, it froze on the Windows loading screen. I waited an hour then tried again but had the same problem. The next morning, my computer booted up just fine, but when I joined a server in CS:GO again, it froze just like before.

Yesterday I played a full match of CS:GO (about 45 minutes), and afterwards I decided to search the web. While scrolling on a webpage, it froze; I just let it sit there and about 10 minutes later, it "unfroze" and I was able to go about as I had before. Today, I simply started up my computer and browsed the web and had the same freeze/unfreeze problem (I didn't even play CS:GO).

I have been told that this could be a heat problem; however, I downloaded two programs: one shows my graphics card at 59*C, the other my CPU at 44*C. So I'm not sure it's a heat issue.

Do you have any suggestions as to what I should do?

Thank you!

-KKMU

Tech specs:
*I'm running Windows 7, Service Pack 1.
*Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33 GHz
*RAM: 2.00 GB
*System type: 64 bit
*Display adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS
(I can try to find other specs if that's helpful. I'm not sure what to look for.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2013, 12:30 PM   #2
Games Team | Tech
Networking Team-Tech

My System

Depending on the nature of other programs that you run on your computer, the game may be pulling on your computer's resources. Although your computer exceeds the bare minimum requirement for a few specs, 2GB of RAM is the minimum needed for a 64 bit version of Windows 7.
If you have not done so recently, I would suggest clearing out temporary files running Disk Cleanup to see if that makes a difference.

Gaming troubleshooting steps.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. -Jim Elliot
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search