Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

Can't open installed games

This is a discussion on Can't open installed games within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am having the problem of not being able to launch my steam, or any other games in my laptop.

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 05:28 PM   #1
Registered Member

I am having the problem of not being able to launch my steam, or any other games in my laptop. This has happened to me before and I had to reinstall my games to be able to launch it gain. This only happens when I tried to run the games on a public wifi(starbucks). Is there any fix for this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2017, 06:04 PM   #2
Registered Member

Edit: I went to task manager ended steam task and relaunched it. It worked and I am able to play games.
Old 10-04-2017, 08:00 AM   #3
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Thanks for providing the solution.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Open world games
What are some good open world games that are fun to play and last for hours? I have played and finished both fallout 3 and new Vegas and have also played oblivion, fable 3 and the saints row series. I am looking for something that doesn't end after the story is complete and is also graphically...
Burto87 Gaming Discussion 4 07-16-2013 05:00 PM
Word wont open files downloaded from the internet
My Microsoft Word 2010 on my Windows 7 Pro 64 bit OS will not open any .docx or .doc file that I download from the internet (Mozilla Firefox 17, Chrome, and IE). Not from email, my colleges webserver, even other websites. It WILL open the file if I hit "run" or "Open in word". But if I hit save,...
mobious_1 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 18 12-17-2012 08:16 PM
Games installed but computer refuse to recognize them
Once in a while when i restart the PC a box up lefter corner appears showing how windows is customizing things, web browser, folder etc... During this time a rollback by itself is in progress, all the games i got installed, for example Skyrim when lunched the luncher, it recognize as if the game...
sundernet Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 11 11-01-2012 08:11 AM
Games Stopped Working at Splash Screen
Hi all, I am a bit stressed at the moment with a serious problem I have trying to run some of my games, and joined this forum especially for this reason as a last resort to see if ANYONE can help me with the stupid problem I am having. This happens to some of my games that I click to open but...
Deanos63 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 0 09-04-2011 12:11 PM