Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

cant host halo games.

This is a discussion on cant host halo games. within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. ok my server port is: 2303 and my client port is: 2303 halo is not blocked in firewall, my ip

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 11:43 PM   #1
Registered Member

ok my server port is: 2303 and my client port is: 2303 halo is not blocked in firewall, my ip address is fin, and i cant host halo game because no one can join but i can join theirs. its not that they dont want to it is that they can because ive had friends try to join and they couldnt. i need to know why they cant join my seervers and how i can fix the problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2011, 04:04 PM   #2
-Articles Team
-Games Team

Location: Norfolk, East Anglia, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

My System

Hey mate,

It is possible that you may be giving them the internal IP as opposed to the external IP (which is what they need to connect to).

Please could you tell me what IP that you are giving them.

Thanks,
Redeye
Old 02-26-2011, 05:19 PM   #3
Registered Member

i am giving them my external ip adress, i am very confident that port forwarding will fix the problem. but the problem there was i am not very smart, but i am soooooo close to being able to forward the ports but when i get to residential gateway configuration page and i put in user:user password:user like they told me, it doesnt work and it asks me to put them in again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2011, 07:03 AM   #4
-Articles Team
-Games Team

Location: Norfolk, East Anglia, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

My System

Hey mate,

There is a NAT Sticky in the Console Section. Don't worry about the Console instructions but the Port Forwarding bit should help you.

https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...s3-187282.html

Thanks,
Redeye
Old 02-27-2011, 03:55 PM   #5
Registered Member

its on the computer, why did you give me a link for 360 and ps3?
Old 03-04-2011, 11:28 AM   #6
-Articles Team
-Games Team

My System

Hey mate,

I meant for you to use the Port Forwarding guide (it deals with the router which is what both consoles and the PC connect to)
Closed Thread