Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

Cannot connect to any Minecraft Servers

This is a discussion on Cannot connect to any Minecraft Servers within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I'm have trouble with the Multiplayer portion of Minecraft. I can play on Singleplayer just fine but it won't connect

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 08:23 PM   #1
Registered Member

I'm have trouble with the Multiplayer portion of Minecraft. I can play on Singleplayer just fine but it won't connect to any servers! I keep getting the following message:

"Minecraft failed to connect to the server. Connection timed out."

Is there any way to force Minecraft to connect? I already did port fowarding for the game so I'm not sure what the stupid problem is. Someone please help me so I can force Minecraft to finally connect to a server.

I'm using an iMac with an OS X 10.8.2 operating system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 03:31 PM   #2
Games Team | Tech
Networking Team-Tech

My System

Hi and welcome to TSF!
Let's check to make sure that the ports are opened correctly. Download and install the PF Port checker to check the ports that you forwarded.

Gaming troubleshooting steps.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. -Jim Elliot
Old 01-19-2013, 07:04 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

OS: Windows 7, Mac OSX Lion, Windows 8 Consumer Preview

After doing what Jason said, temporarily disable your firewall and try connecting to help narrow down the issue.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2013, 08:20 PM   #4
Registered Member

Did you update minecraft and then you couldn't get into the servers?
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
~*~Mixed Bag of Problems~*~
Hi, everyone! I have had a lot of problems with my computer lately and I'm hoping someone would be able to help me out. The most pressing issue right now is that my e-mail is sending out Spam links when I'm not even on my computer. The first time it happened, I changed my password, but tonight the...
TabbyCat725 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 156 07-09-2012 07:50 PM
Can't connect to Game servers
:banghead: At some point during the day, my Router (Linksys WRT120N) became unplugged from the powerstrip, after being powered back up, I suddenly can't connect to ANY game servers at all. (I always get some variation of "Login failed: Connection failed" It appears immediately, as if I had no...
Luk3ling Networking Support 1 05-30-2012 08:48 AM
Laptop cant connect with networks...sometimes
Hello, this is my first post on this forum and I'm very much not a computer whiz soo i apologize in advance...soo on my hp pavilion dv6 laptop I cannot connect to a network, I have the correct password but after trying to connect it just says that could not connect, I have try the windows network...
Joejoe49 Networking Support 1 11-27-2011 03:03 AM
virus...
Hello, Recentlly I got a problem with a evil virus. It start to delete .dll files , don't alow me to enable antivirus or any program that affect it (close those automaticlly when they...scan the virus), it open some certain .exe files that slow down my internet acces at the limit where i can't...
iully25 Resolved HJT Threads 47 09-25-2011 02:48 PM
PC Unable to connect to Internet
Hi Guys I've had a problem with my PC for a while now, it will not connect to the internet and I cant see any reason why not. Simply what happens when I attempt to connect to the wireless network (Home network). I'll click 'Connect', it will start attempting to connect, it will keep...
Nearney Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 5 06-26-2011 02:12 PM