Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

Cannot Connect

This is a discussion on Cannot Connect within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I play Arma 3 with a community called 77th JSOC. One day at 12am midnight exactly, I lost connection to

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 10:55 AM   #1
Registered Member

I play Arma 3 with a community called 77th JSOC. One day at 12am midnight exactly, I lost connection to both their game server and their teamspeak. I have not been able to reconnect since. Both are still working for everyone else and nobody knows how to help me.

I have restarted my PC and my router. I flushed my DNS. I have checked my firewall. I updated teamspeak. I have retried dozens of times over a 24 hour period. Nothing. Every other teamspeak and every other Arma 3 server connects normally. Their servers are in Germany so I made sure I could still connect to other German servers...I can. I am utterly stumped.

Here is the TS3 messaging: <13:16:06> Trying to resolve hostname ts.77th-jsoc.com <13:16:08> Trying to connect to server on ts.77th-jsoc.com <13:16:13> Failed to connect to server

In Arma I simply do not see their server listed. However, I do see their second server listed.

PLEASE HELP ME!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2017, 04:21 PM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

The timing at which this happened seems a little odd.

I would contact your ISP to make sure they aren't blocking anything.
Old 03-14-2017, 04:35 PM   #3
Registered Member

I might do that.

I did a traceroute and found that my connection fails at a certain node.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

I can connect when the node is border4.ae2.............
but not when it is border3.ae1..............
or border4.ae1..............

the latter are the case for their EU1 server and teamspeak respectively, the former for their EU2 server which I still can connect to.

This suggests to me that my connection is failing at the "ae1 node," although I don't know what that is or what that means or how to fix it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2017, 07:52 AM   #4
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

I can't view externally hosted images from here. In any case, anything outside of your network will be an ISP issue.

Old 03-15-2017, 09:24 AM   #5
Registered Member

It's actually beyond their scope, it's an intermediate server halfway between my network and my destination server. Any way to skip the bad node?
Old 03-15-2017, 04:18 PM   #6
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

A VPN perhaps. You could try a free one to test with.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:49 AM   #7
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Upload the image here, and I will review.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:07 PM   #8
Registered Member

What about NAT being strict? Could that be the cause of it? Because, I think everyone here knows when NAT is restricted , its tough/impossible to connect to servers, whats more to say when finding a serve, could be worse. Just a thought.
Closed Thread