Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

Bad company 2 / disconnects after 5 min

This is a discussion on Bad company 2 / disconnects after 5 min within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi there!. I have some problems playing bad company 2 atm. I can join and play on a server for

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 04:42 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi there!. I have some problems playing bad company 2 atm. I can join and play on a server for 3-7 minutes, but suddenly i get disconnected. I get put right back to the menu. Sometimes it says "the connection to ea online was lost" and other times a different error and sometimes nothing. What is strange is that i was at lan with my friend at _his place_. Everything worked fine, i didnt get disconnected once. He has the same type of internett speed, same ISP, and basically same modem (only difference is that i have wireless on mine). Btw: i use a cable.

Note: i dont know if i have had this problem before since we just moved in to a new house 8 months ago and i havent tried playing bc2 before 2 weeks ago:P

My setup
I got Altibox modem, with Jensen router. I have connected to the modem directly but its the same.

I7-930 Quad Core
HD 5870 1GB
4GB DDR3 RAM
Asus P6T SE
Corsair 850w

If you need any more info, reply here :)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2011, 08:29 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Hi leverpostei,

Is your BC2 updated to the most current version?
You should be able to fine the updater in the install folder.

Cheers.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:13 AM   #3
Registered Member

Yes the game is up to date. I clicked the BFBC2updater.exe and i bc2 loads just normally
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2011, 03:15 AM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Ok then, are there any programs on your computer which could be interfering with your internet connection?
Does this kind of thing happen with any other games or is it specific to BC2?
Old 02-05-2011, 03:24 AM   #5
Registered Member

No, this only happens to BC2. But i would doubt its my pc since i can play bf2 at my friends house (with my pc) when im at Lan. i dont think there are any programs that might cause problems.

I also opened some ports, i dunno if it did this right but here is a pic:
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
(i've added translation to some of the words, what is RED is translated :P)

Thanks
Old 02-05-2011, 03:49 AM   #6
Registered Member

EDIT: opening the ports made no changes, the game still disconnects to bc2 menu.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:14 AM   #7
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Seems like it could be a problem on the EA server side of things, I know of other people who have had this problem.

Have you tried doing a full reinstall of the game? (Remember to save your save games).
Also you could try contacting EA via email to see what they have to say.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:24 AM   #8
Registered Member

I have conntacted EA but i havent got any answers yet. I really want to try to reinstall but ofcourse i cant find my cd cover with the cd-key. Is there a way i can find the cd-key on my pc and i could just download bc2 instead?

hmmm... ill have a look around and try to find it
Old 02-05-2011, 09:50 AM   #9
Registered Member

what if i do something with the DMZ host if you look at the pic in the earlier post. i have heard this fix the problem but there is a risk or something. Is it not recomended to use DMZ, what can happen?
Old 02-05-2011, 08:38 PM   #10
Registered Member

Dude im almost positive that its EA. This kind of stuff happened to me to, play on some non-EA servers and see how that works out for you
Old 02-06-2011, 02:50 AM   #11
Registered Member

Playing on non-EA servers didnt work for me. Just got off on and i got disconnected :/ what now? :P
Old 02-06-2011, 03:30 AM   #12
Registered Member

I think i've tried just about everything.
- I have portforwarded: ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting (Note: I dont know if my "intern ip" (internal ip) is the right one. I have tried to enter 1, 100 and 101 but no changes.
- I have turned off my firewall and antivirus
- I have entered this code in cmd: netsh interface tcp set global ecncapability=disabled
and this one netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=highlyrestricted
- I have deleted gamesettings.bin
- I have NOT reinstalled because i cant find my cd and cd-key. If there is a way i can find my cd-key on my PC, i could just download BC2 and go from there.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:03 AM   #13
TSF Enthusiast

My System

It's an EA specific problem and seems to be coming from their side, the best thing to do would be to contact their support centre for advice.

You have tried everything to fix the problem and I can't think of much else you can do.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:35 AM   #14
Registered Member

Have You resolved this problem? I have the same same problem. Every game, after 2-3 mins I Got disconnected from the game and ea online. I installed the game through an ISO I had from game launch but I updated the game.

I think I have to try using EA downloader or something, but its a lot of GB.

Thanks.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:15 AM   #15
Registered Member

No i havent fixed it yet. I still get disconnected. I just downloaded the Crysis 2 demo from steam and i sometimes get disconnected from crysis 2 server. I dont really care about crysis 2 at this point since its a demo, but it annoys me that bc2 is not properly working. EA needs to fix this. This only happens on Crysis 2 and BC2, Which are EA games... hmm...

If you do find a solution, please reply.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:37 PM   #16
Registered Member

Hey, i'm currently in the exact same situation you are in i can play for about 2-3 minutes then it disconnects. I've done some testing and i'm fairly sure this problem is on EA's side not ours because i cannot connect to bad company on ps3 and when i downloaded the Crysis 2 beta on PC the same thing happens as in bad company. Now i really need to fix this problem because Battlefield 3 is coming up and i dont intend to miss the multiplayer. I'd really appreciate any suggestions or help to fix this problem.

Thanks.

My PC:
Intel Core i5
GTX 250 Sli
8 gig RAM
Soundblaster SC
Blu-Ray DD.
920 watt PWS.
Liquid Cooling
Cisco Modem
D-Link Router
Old 03-18-2011, 11:06 AM   #17
-Articles Team
-Games Team

Location: Norfolk, East Anglia, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

My System

Hey mate,

Try updating your Punkbuster...
Old 03-30-2011, 10:00 PM   #18
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Hello leverpostei,

I and A LOT of my friends have had this problem and even in DMZ mode and correct port forwarding setups this still happens (due to my testing).

If you are behind a router or not directly connected to the modem in any way you will DC. As soon as I setup a direct connection to my modem I stopped DCing. This was the same at my friends houses and with multiple brands of modems and routers. We tested all of them in DMZ and with ports forwarded.

Note: This is the same on Crysis 2 as well due to my testing.

Try that and see if it works,

Fluidz
Old 04-02-2011, 10:55 AM   #19
Registered Member

Hey, I have this exact same problem, also with an Altibox net delivered Lyse through SKL which is my local electric company.

I have been searching for 1-2 years trying to find any solution to this. I have only seen a handful of people with this issue with Altibox, all from different parts of Norway. So far not seen anyone find a solution, all the threads end in nothing.

In my house, we have the Altibox 'home-station' (Dumbed down router making any advanced settings much harder and supposed to restrict new users from messing up their nets), it handles TV, phones and ofc the network. Net goes to three switches, one that has wireless on it. I get this on both wireless, and another switch that is not wireless.

At first only I was getting this, on only one PC. At this moment, I get it on both my PC's (Desktop using cable on one switch, laptop using wireless from another with perfect signal), my dad has gotten it I think but he doesn't notice it cause he usually don't run apps that are affected, and to this day my brother swears he has never seen it. My brother has always used the same switch as me. My PC's are on Win7 Ultimate, x64 on desktop and x86 on laptop. My brother is on Win7 Ultimate x64 and my dad was using XP when it happened to him.

At its worst, I have been getting dropped out every 30 seconds. I get dropped out of everything that requires a constant connection, like MSN, Xfire, Steam, WoW, BC2, Ventrilo. I used to get dropped from Spotify, but that has stopped, and downloads used to slow down as well as any streaming would stop, but that no longer happens as well.

Sometimes I don't see any DC's at all for a while, maybe 1-2 per week for a few weeks, then suddenly I get several per day and then it becomes unusable for a while. It was completely awful from 7th of December 2010 to sometime in January 2011, and has been awful for 3 months at one point earlier. It really makes my connection somewhat useless.

I did try to connect directly to the router/'home-station' for a while, but I forgot if I got a DC there or not. I am quite sure I did. We have called the ISP and they say there is nothing wrong in my area.

I really can't fathom what can be wrong, especially since there seems to be nothing wrong anywhere yet this keeps happening, and while it happens to me my brother on the same network, same OS, same switch, does not get it. Whatever is happening, it is beyond me.

Leverpostei: Do you ever get random DC's from programs like MSN, other games, Ventrilo, anything like that?
Old 04-02-2011, 10:27 PM   #20
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Hello and welcome to TSF Andeby!

Have you checked with your ISP then? You said this was happening in Norway with a certain brand.

Since Norway is a common area that would lead me to believe that these people are using similar ISPs running on the same type of network.

Maybe the ISP provides you with this modem/router. So check that it isn't your ISP which is dropping out. Some people get similar problems with TPG over here except their drop outs are only 1-2 per month if that.

Also, do try just using a direct connection to the modem/router with absolutely nothing else connected to anything. I.e. only you connected to the modem/router.

Don't go behind a switch or a router or use wireless.

Good luck!

Fluidz
Closed Thread