Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

User Tag List

Age of Mythology - Titans online issue

This is a discussion on Age of Mythology - Titans online issue within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello all, I've owned AOM for like 7 or 8 years and I have always enjoyed playing it every now

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 06:28 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello all, I've owned AOM for like 7 or 8 years and I have always enjoyed playing it every now and then. Recently I got a new laptop with windows 7. I couldn't reinstall it on this computer because one of my disks kept freezing up during the installation process. I decided to use a USB and transfer the game from my old desktop (with windows vista) to my laptop with windows 7. After several hours and many problems I got it to work perfectly, except for the multiplayer. Whenever I click "Online" it says there was a problem with the installation. Im just looking for any advice on what I can do, thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2011, 09:23 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Hello and welcome to TSF! Have you tried runing it as administrator and in compatibility mode? Right click to find the former and in Properties for the latter.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:28 AM   #3
Registered Member

• Ya I had to run as admin to get it to work and I tried different comp modes doesn't do anything though =/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2011, 03:04 PM   #4
-Articles Team
-Games Team

Location: Norfolk, East Anglia, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

My System

Hey mate, Welcome to TSF,

This sounds like an issue that has arisen because of the way you installed it (probably a registry issue).

Your best would be to try to install it in Windows 7 using compatibility mode.

Cheers,
Redeye
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Online fraudsters issue fake security certificates for Google, Yahoo
Nine valid but fraudulent certificates have been issued for major Internet sites, including Google mail, Microsoft Live and Yahoo, raising the possibility of undetectable phishing, man-in-the-middle and drive-by download attacks, multiple advisories stated. The secure sockets layer (SSL)...
Glaswegian Computer Security News 0 03-24-2011 02:04 PM
Age of Mythology HELP!
Aight so here's the deal, I got the original AOM, installed it on my Fujitsu Lifebook T Series model T5010. Runs okay until I play a game, alot of essential stuff is missing.... i cant post the pic of what it should look like and what it looks like when i play. the bottom bar thing sometimes...
somewhatace PC Gaming Support 0 03-20-2011 05:39 PM
[SOLVED] Age of empires 3 Online Registration Error!
I purchased age of empires 3 about 3 weeks ago in target, and after i have installed and activated my game i bought the two expansions also from target. one call warchiefs and the other the asian dynasty. Everytime i try to register/Create an account online it keeps saying my activation code has...
Random26 PC Gaming Support 2 02-20-2011 08:37 PM
continuous "matchmaking unsucessful" message on Age of Mythology
I am able to log on to Age of Mythology and have been a player for years. However, today I constantly receive a "matchmaking unsucessful. Please try again later" message when I attempt to play an online game. I can do everything else, such as chat, and I'm sure I could host a private game. I...
ron23804 Online/Network Gaming Support 1 02-06-2011 11:04 AM
age of mythology
we just bought age of mythology and keep getting an invalid cd key error.... how do i fix this???
jmj1991 PC Gaming Support 2 02-05-2011 09:12 PM