Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Would reinstalling Windows 7 require formatting of additional hard drives?

This is a discussion on Would reinstalling Windows 7 require formatting of additional hard drives? within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Pretty much what the title says. I have a few hard drives (E, F, G), with a lot of data

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 09:31 AM   #1
Registered Member

Pretty much what the title says.
I have a few hard drives (E, F, G), with a lot of data and programs installed on them, connected to my computer right now. Would I have to format them if I decide to re-install Windows on the system?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2012, 10:05 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Hi-

In Short- No. However, it is always recommended to physically disconnect all other drives besides the one you are installing on. Also, if the drive that you are reinstalling on has multiple partitions, MAKE SURE that you choose the right one when reinstalling windows.

Also, just so you know, to do a full reinstall, choose "custom install" in the menu from the windows install disk. Also note that a reinstall will mean that you have to reinstall all programs that you currently have.

Regards,

Mark
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows 7 defaults ?
I was wondering if there is a place where I can find a list of default services and processes that run for my particular pc. Basically I want to turn off all 'non-default' programs so I can start to isolate the problems that I have been posting about in recent threads. My pc is: HP Pavilion...
toenail420 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 24 03-28-2012 05:10 PM
[SOLVED] Think of AMD ATHLON II X2 260 3.2GHZ DUAL-CORE BOX
Hey there techsupportforums, i am thinking to buy AMD ATHLON II X2 260 3.2GHZ DUAL-CORE BOX in the future, but the thing is, that i have no idea of CPUs, but as far as i saw the rates for this CPU i said " it might be good ", because it's not that expensive. However i want you to explain me if AMD...
TheReaperOfHope Motherboards, Bios & CPU 47 03-03-2012 02:16 AM
HP printer and windows vista
My HP printer will make both bw & color copies And scan great,but from the desk top will do only BW ever time and Ie'v reloaded the driver. New ink and have reset to factory defaults.Thanks
Tar heel DOS Printer Support 3 02-27-2012 03:30 PM
Need To install windows ultimate
Hi to use some software like Pro-e i need 32 bit mode so i want to install windows seven ultimate version so can some one help me out ? i already have windows 7 sp1. If possible i want to have both since i have customized a lot and don't want to redo every thing again? My laptop is dell xps 15 so...
Vikrant_Joshi Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 1 02-27-2012 06:54 AM
Windows update
Hello there, I'm troubled by daily downloading of windows updates to my PC whenevr I access internet, it eats the browsing speed. I just don't want any download for updates. But,in controlpanel>windows update>change settings> the settings are disabled in my PC. See the screen shot attached. Help...
santiw25 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 4 02-27-2012 05:22 AM