Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

WMP lost sound, headphones in audio jack leaves loudspeakers on

This is a discussion on WMP lost sound, headphones in audio jack leaves loudspeakers on within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a HP Pavilion 32bit Windows 7 laptop which worked fine yesterday. I have installed no new software in

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 04:22 AM   #1
Registered Member

Evil

I have a HP Pavilion 32bit Windows 7 laptop which worked fine yesterday. I have installed no new software in the last couple of months. So, Windows Media Player has become silent (max sound on, still nothing). However, playing the same musics with VLC player works fine. Then I just realized that plugging the headphone jack in the headphone inlet does not transfer the sound into the headphones but still leaves the loudspeakers on. This was not like that yesterday. Any idea is welcome before I fix this with a hammer. Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2013, 11:19 AM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi try system restore to a point when it was working

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:32 AM   #3
Registered Member

OK! Thank you.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2 different computers hangs in the same way.
Hi dear people. My old computer started to get issues with random freeze ups, and I did everything I could do. Updated drivers, ran all sorts of scans and checkups, virus free, dust free, formatted the computer, and before instaling any of my programs I still had the same issue. Nothing showed up...
Sindaya BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 13 10-23-2012 06:28 AM
Loss of audio and choppy video
The audio will randomly cut while I'm on the computer and programs will seem more crisp with some slight hiccups. If I were to watch a video though then the refresh rate will be extremely slow usually only buffering 1 second of the video every 5-8 seconds. The problem was usually solved by...
Cyrox Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 12 10-23-2012 04:02 AM
windows 7 freezes during startup
i have been having issues since friday my computer seems to freeze on startup. it gets to the welcome screen and freezes. someone recommended doing a boot log but i don't know how to know what it means. the whole thing is to long but here is the last part someone please help Loaded...
mucwen Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 1 12-11-2011 08:32 PM
[System] Slows down to 13%-20% semi randomly.
Hello this is my first time posting on this forum. Problem: I'll run a program such as Stress Tests or CS:S and roughly within 15 minutes (give or take) I start to stutter and soon as I close the program CS:S I'll look at my processes and notice that system nt kernel is saying anywhere from...
X Myth BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 40 03-28-2011 01:53 AM
[AUDIO] Sound problems? Try these things first.
Basic Troubleshooting of Sound Problems. When a sound problem occurs, quite often it is an issue with the speaker connections or the sound being muted in Windows. Sometimes you may come across a driver issue, corrupt Windows or (uncommon) faulty hardware. The following are a few things that...
Deleted090308 Troubleshooting Tips and Tricks 0 02-17-2008 01:05 AM