08-27-2014, 11:39 PM
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Australia
OS: Windows 8.1
Lets run SURT to see if it gives an indication of a corruption:
Download and run System Update Readiness Tool (SURT)
- Please go Here and download the System Update Readiness Tool (SURT). Save this file to your desktop
- Go to your desktop and run KB947821
- When the SURT finishes installing, Please continue.
Export CBS folder
- Click on the button. Inside the search box type in CMD
- Right click on CMD => Choose Run as Administrator
- Inside the Command Prompt windows copy and paste the following command SFC /SCANNOW
- Please wait for this to Finish before continuing with the rest of the steps.
- Click the Start button then click Computer.
- Double-click on the C: drive, under the Hard Disk Drives category, and then scroll down to, and double click on the Windows folder.
- Find and double click on the Logs folder.
- Right-click on the CBS folder, and select Copy.
- Go back to your Desktop, right-click on it, and select Paste. You should now see a copy of the CBS folder appear on your Desktop called CBS.
- Right-click on this new folder, and navigate through Send to, and select Compressed (zipped) folder.
- A new file, also called CBS (CBS.zip), but this time with a different icon, will be created.
- Attach this to your next post please.
Please Note:: if the file is too big to upload to you next please post please upload via Dropbox