Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Windows 7 not going to sleep mode

This is a discussion on Windows 7 not going to sleep mode within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, My Win7 PC has recently stopped powering off in sleep mode. I ran powercfg/energy in command prompt, which gave

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 06:14 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,
My Win7 PC has recently stopped powering off in sleep mode. I ran powercfg/energy in command prompt, which gave me a report with 6 errors which state:
"USB Suspend:USB Device not Entering Suspend"
, and one which says:
"Platform Power Management Capabilities:PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled
PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) has been disabled due to a known incompatibility with the hardware in this computer."

I have googled for answers as much as I can, but with my very low level IT experience, I've yet to fix the problem.

So far I've tried:
updating drivers for all USB devices in device manager (they were all apparently up to date)
checked powersave options

Can somebody suggest other things I should look into?
The main point is that to the best of my knowledge, I haven't installed anything new or changed any settings on my PC (I've been away for a month, but it was powering down fine the first few days on my return).
I'm wondering if some kind of software update could be the cause, but what I'm most worried about is if I've had some kind of a security breach during the course of trawling the internet (I'm using Bit Defender on auto pilot mode, nothing's been reported so far).

Hope someone can enlighten me. Thanks for your time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2013, 07:17 AM   #2
Registered Member

Additional info:
I just witnessed something else - the PC DOES power down after 30mins of idleness, but then immediately powers up again (I can hear the fan whirring even though the pc and monitor appear to be in sleep mode).
Old 05-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

OS: XP, Windows7-8, Server03, Server08, SBS2008, SBS2011, Server2012

My System

Make and model of the PC, if it is a name brand like Dell or HP of course.
If it is a generic built by someone for you, Make and model number of the motherboard?

I work about 60 hours a week and spend the rest of my time with Family and a couple of online communities, so please be patient when waiting for a reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 05:34 AM   #4
Registered Member

The motherboard is Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3
Thanks
Closed Thread