Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

windows 7 freezes for a few seconds every few seconds

This is a discussion on windows 7 freezes for a few seconds every few seconds within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hi, windows 7 x64 on my laptop (intel core i5 @ 2.50ghz, 4 gb ram) has recently started freezing for

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 06:29 AM   #1
otk
Registered Member

hi,

windows 7 x64 on my laptop (intel core i5 @ 2.50ghz, 4 gb ram) has recently started freezing for a few seconds every few seconds, when i'm doing just about anything: browsing the web, copying files, using text redactor, etc. only the mouse cursor responds, control is back after a couple of seconds.

* the behaviour remains the same when booting in the safe mode
* there are no cpu or memory usage peaks in process explorer
* there are no hardware conflicts in device manager
* there are no critical errors in system log
* there is no antivirus active
* hardware tests (memory, etc.) do not report any errors

i suspect this has started after i've updated all the drivers from manufacturer's site, but i am not 100% sure. anyway, i do not know which driver has caused this and i cannot easily restore to the previous state.

how do i find the culprit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2012, 12:01 PM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi did you get the drivers from the laptop makers site do they have a older version of your video driver which you could try this is really trial and error to find the culprit but since it is freezing the video driver is as good a place to start

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DDS Report. How Long?
Following advise from a forum mod i am following the steps to run the DDS & GMER reports so i can post them with details of my system problems. I have ran the GMER report with no issues but when i ran the DDS yesterday it ran for over 5 hours without producing anything? It was also at this...
cDubya Resolved HJT Threads 44 08-28-2012 07:27 AM
Repost Per: CatByte Trojan:dos/alureon.e and SmartHDD problem
Trojan:dos/alureon.e and SmartHDD problem Hello, I hope I'm at the right area for help. This pc I'm on was infected with Trojan:dos/alureon.e and SmartHDD. I was able to get to the net somehow and I installed and ran Malwarebytes and got rid of SmartHDD. Then I ran Windows Defender and it found...
mg67 Resolved HJT Threads 23 07-30-2012 07:24 AM
HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!
Hi, For 2 weeks now, I have a problem with my laptop. Finally I just found you via https://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/malware-removal-help-438072.html] and now I began hoping (please forgive my English!!). Could you please please help me too?? I have this laptop and more or...
Vladia Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 1 01-08-2012 09:16 AM
3TB HDD won't format
I recently bought a 3TB 5400RPM hard drive and placed it in an enclosure. I orginially had connected it to my PC via USB 2.0 and formatted the entire drive and everything seemed to be in working order. After that I decided to connect the drive via eSATA because of the speed increase. When...
UhOhOhNo Hard Drive Support 8 09-13-2011 09:22 PM