Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Windows 7 Fails to start: Black Screen with mouse cursor

This is a discussion on Windows 7 Fails to start: Black Screen with mouse cursor within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. A few days ago I turned off my dell laptop and everything seemed fine, the very next morning I turned

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
Registered Member

Arrow

A few days ago I turned off my dell laptop and everything seemed fine, the very next morning I turned it on and and everything seem ok, until it went passed the welcome screen the screen turned black and just the mouse cursor appeared and it just doesn't go passed that it stays in the black screen with the cursor, I'm able to get in in safe mode and I sis a complete virus scan and malware but everything was clear, I tried system restores but i don't have the disks for it and it says that it is required, I tried restore point but i forgot to create them i was wondering if there can be any other way to fix this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2012, 07:10 PM   #2
Registered Member

My laptop just had same problem. couple of hours ago.

What i did was I press f8 when windows were starting up and then I clicked on "Repair system"

Afterwards man options came like system restore, memory diagnostic etc. I clicked on Command prompt then type this command without quotes. "chkdsk /f /r C:"

This command will do chkdsk and repair any hard drive issue. My laptop seems working for a moment.

Running Chkdsk on Windows Hard Drive - YouTube .
Old 10-29-2012, 07:51 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilpatel View Post
My laptop just had same problem. couple of hours ago.

What i did was I press f8 when windows were starting up and then I clicked on "Repair system"

Afterwards man options came like system restore, memory diagnostic etc. I clicked on Command prompt then type this command without quotes. "chkdsk /f /r C:"

This command will do chkdsk and repair any hard drive issue. My laptop seems working for a moment.

Running Chkdsk on Windows Hard Drive - YouTube .
just did it and it didn't work
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2012, 08:01 PM   #4
Registered Member

I am not sure now. wait for somebody else who knows about laptop
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Repost Per: CatByte Trojan:dos/alureon.e and SmartHDD problem
Trojan:dos/alureon.e and SmartHDD problem Hello, I hope I'm at the right area for help. This pc I'm on was infected with Trojan:dos/alureon.e and SmartHDD. I was able to get to the net somehow and I installed and ran Malwarebytes and got rid of SmartHDD. Then I ran Windows Defender and it found...
mg67 Resolved HJT Threads 23 07-30-2012 06:24 AM
Windows XP PC unable to access internet or copy files
Hi - I have a Dell slimline PC running Windows XP that is slowly losing all functionality. I cannot load IE, Chrome has a message ERR 138 (Access Denied). I am unable to copy files from a USB stick and cannot remove certain programs (er McAfee) using the Add / Remove program utility. :facepalm: ...
NDWales Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 54 07-15-2012 03:19 PM
Suspected Malware In Neighbors Computer
I originally went to fix his printer but I think that is being affected by malware. The things I think are fishy is whitesmoke toolbar and something called yontoo. I ran his antivirus and cleaned up what it found. Windows install CD is a no for now, I have asked him if he has it and but he is...
kmssd Resolved HJT Threads 20 01-03-2012 07:44 PM
XP Internet Security 2012 Firewall Alert
Hello. Two days ago I got the virus XP Internet Security 2012 Firewall Alert. It does not let me open any file/folder/browser. When I try to google how to remove it, it redirects me to different websites. Please ...
lilbrat0326 Resolved HJT Threads 15 07-03-2011 06:49 PM
Aggravating Google Redirect Virus on Wife's Computer
my wife's laptop suddenly is getting the redirect on google searches. i know this is one of your common problems to fix. i had the same problem on my computer about a year ago and your help was the only way i got rid of it on my computer. this computer runs updated version of webroot securities....
scott1nc Inactive Malware Help Topics 36 04-20-2011 04:27 AM