Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Windows 7 Drop Down list

This is a discussion on Windows 7 Drop Down list within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey Tech Forum, Im running Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit, and i have attatched below a screen shot of the

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 08:59 AM   #1
Registered Member

My System

Hey Tech Forum,

Im running Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit, and i have attatched below a screen shot of the drop down list. Back on windows xp, it used to keep a history of all your passed folders you were into, almost like a shortcut. Example: C:\program files\pirform\etc.

I cant seem to find a way for Windows 7 to do that for me. Instead of having to go to My Computer>C:\>Program Files> etc.

Any help or suggestions would be helpful

Thanks guys
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	122
Size:	427.7 KB
ID:	90214  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2011, 10:46 AM   #2
Registered Member

My System

Side Note: By the way, i did not run CCleaner or any other program that gets rid of Temp files.

I just want the drop down menu to remember what folders i went into so i dont have to navigate to that same folder over and over
Old 04-14-2011, 11:14 AM   #3
TSF - Enthusiast

My System

How much have you surfed since you ran CCleaner? CCleaner will clean out that history.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2011, 11:55 AM   #4
Registered Member

My System

I surfed a lot of files and directories to certain locations and it never keeps track of it.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:20 PM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

OS: Windows 10 Pro x64, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Update 1, Windows 7 SP1 x64 & x86

My System

If you look in Recent Places (on left of explorer window) you will see your explorer History, among other things.
It seems that exploring with the mouse does not update the pull down menu, however if you type in a location in the address windows it will appear in the menu.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:33 PM   #6
TSF - Enthusiast

My System

Oops, I meant did file navigation rather than surfed. Sorry. CCleaner does clean out both.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:35 PM   #7
Registered Member

My System

Your right. I guess i can do that. But my main concern is having the file directory saved already without any typing or going through the explorer menu
Old 04-14-2011, 12:47 PM   #8
TSF - Enthusiast

My System

I would suggest that, then next time you use CCleaner, clear the box for Recent Places and look of other things to see if you want them cleared or not. For Firefox, it's recommended that you don't let CCleaner touch it at all. It's been causing quite a few problems in FF.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:05 PM   #9
Registered Member

My System

I gotcha, I will keep that in mind. I never ran ccleaner on this pc yet though. It is brand new...
Old 04-14-2011, 02:27 PM   #10
TSF - Enthusiast

My System

CCleaner is good for the cleaning in general, if you look over the settings, but we don't recommend the registry cleaner part of it. Registry cleaners aren't really a good idea. They can cause much more harm than good.
Closed Thread