Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

windows 7 /boot/bcd error

This is a discussion on windows 7 /boot/bcd error within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hi friends i have seemed to mess up my pc too much i was dual booting winxp(on c:\ installed first)

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 06:37 PM   #1
Registered Member

Mistake

hi friends i have seemed to mess up my pc too much
i was dual booting winxp(on c:\ installed first) and windows 7 (on w:\)
xp started giving me bsod and i didnt use it so i decided to remove it from my system. following a tutorial i by mistake clicked "reset my bcd" on easybcd from neosmart technologies.
after that i started getting an error pertaining to winload.exe being missing or corrupt.
i used my win7 cd for automatic repair but that was of no help.
so after some googling i wounded up on this fix
Recovering the Windows Bootloader from the DVD - EasyBCD - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki
i followed solution 2 and after that i have started getting an error pertaining to /boot/bcd being inaccessible. whats even worse is that i dont get any operating system listed in windows recovery after selecting my language and keyboard layout!
i can not even try booting windowsxp now!
somebody please help, i am using a borrowed laptop and i need to return it. i need a solution real quick.
thanks. :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2011, 06:45 PM   #2
Registered Member

error details:
file: \boot\bcd
info: an error occurred while attempting to read boot configuration data.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Internet Explorer & Dr.Watson has encountered...
Hello, I can't open most of my folders without my computer freezing up and my computer telling me that "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close" and "Dr. Watson Postmortem Debugger has encountered a problem and needs to close". Now, I've been using Google...
JCVerkler Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 3 11-18-2011 01:27 PM
System Restore Virus Not removed completely
I recently got a System Restore Virus and was able to remove a lot of it using Malwarebytes. My scan is now clean although my TrendMicro Software is picking up several viruses/trojans that it cannot remove and google searches are redirected. I had difficulty downloading and running dds (it runs...
tdoby724 Resolved HJT Threads 16 11-07-2011 03:04 PM
Slow browsing
I've had somewhat slow browsing as of late. Here are my logs: . DDS (Ver_2011-08-26.01) - NTFSx86 Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.18702 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_22 Run by marvin glick at 2:44:06 on 2011-11-02 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600.3.1252.1.1033.18.1982.1173 . AV:...
sailor86 Inactive Malware Help Topics 0 11-02-2011 01:53 AM
Lets try this one more time
Hello, Randomly after I start my computer (I'm probably connected to the internet too) windows shoots up "Generic Host for Win32 processes has encountered an error and needs to close". After that I receive svchost.exe - Application Errors (The instruction at "0x001a6f64" referenced memory at...
TheCommonUser Inactive Malware Help Topics 21 06-12-2011 11:10 AM