Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Window 7 64 bit cannot install driver sotware(canon printer driver)

This is a discussion on Window 7 64 bit cannot install driver sotware(canon printer driver) within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello)) I need help..please )) A week ago I disconneced my printer cable from the computer.When i connected again the

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 07:57 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello))

I need help..please ))
A week ago I disconneced my printer cable from the computer.When i connected again the windows searched dor device software for the printer and didnt find.
Driver to the MX 360 PRINTER(which i use) was installed I see it in the programms.
So then I uninstalled the driver and installed again from canon site,when i installed in the insallation process the driver found the printer!.
Then restarted the pc and again windows looked for a driver ans said he cant install. I attach the message here./
I tried this procedure with usa mp driver dor canon and also with europenian.. still computer doesnt reconize the printer..
When i go ro device and printer i see my canon printer with a caution sign on it(a yellow triangle with a "!" )
I downloaded the driver from canon site it was MP driver (the latest)
dont know what to do...
I using win 7 64 bit.
I talked to canon support they said its windows problem.
I tried to press at the printer sign in device and printers and then started the troubleshooter of windows but again its not helped..

advice please..??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2014, 08:11 AM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi did you try a system restore to a point when it did work.

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:18 PM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Go to Devices and Printers, Right click the Canon printer with the yellow flag, and Delete it. Now go to Start/Search and type devmgmt.msc, right click the devmgmt results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Device Manager, are there any devices with Yellow flags? If so, right click it and Uninstall. Now go to Start/Search and type appwiz.cpl and press enter. In the Programs and Features, find your Canon software and Uninstall it. Unplug the USB cable from the computer end and restart the computer. Go to the Canon driver site Canon U.S.A. : Support & Drivers : PIXMA MX360 and download the latest driver for you printer. During the install, it will tell you when to plug in the USB cable. Plug it into the Back USB port of the computer (desktop)
Closed Thread