Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Win 7 Antivirus & McAfee agent still showing in Notifications Area Icons List

This is a discussion on Win 7 Antivirus & McAfee agent still showing in Notifications Area Icons List within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a windows 7 A few days ago I got hit with a virus named Windows 7 antivirus 2012

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 03:42 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have a windows 7
A few days ago I got hit with a virus named Windows 7 antivirus 2012
So I went on a site named bleepingcomputer which told me to run

FixNCR.reg
rkill
and then malwarebytes to get rid of it

It did but then my McAfee wouldn't turn on when I kept pressing on for realtime protection

So I uninstalled it. My dad made a separate account and reinstalled it on my computer. I deleted his account which made me lose McAfee so I don't have it anymore...

Then I installed Microsoft Essentials and it was working perfectly until yesterday when it was suddenly off for I don't know how long but yesterday I got a virus named
Windows 7 security 2012 or something like that

Microsoft was off it seems for the half the time I was on the computer so I uninstalled it

I found a website that told me to run Spyware Doctor in Safe Mode so I downloaded it . It found the virus but I had to pay for it to take it off my computer but like I'm a stupid teen I have no money so I ran Malwarebytes. It found 6 viruses most were trojans it took them off successfully

It needed to restart to complete the process so I restarted and then I installed Microsoft Essentials again.
I started a full scan but during the full scan it found malware and asked me to clean the computer of it. It did this twice at the beginning of the scan and then asked me to restart the computer so it could effectively rid the computer of thee malware. So I restarted it. But then my computer didn't start properly so it did a System Repair thing so I let it do that and then I think I did a System Restore too...during that process.

It started up normally after all that jazz was done.

So then I went to the hidden icons thing on the toolbar and clicked on the customize button thing and then I saw that on the Notifications Area Icons well I'll just post a picture.

Apparently Win7 antivirus is still there it's not active is what the computer tells me and also McAfee ....

So I don't know if it's still on my computer if I thought I got rid of it and its badge thing is gone.
I have no idea what's going on with my Windows Task Manager

ALSO

Shows up when I click
Windows Firewall with Advanced Security

What's wrong with my computer

I don't go on bad sites
Just youtube, tumblr, and google images and facebook, and yahoo

Please tell me whats wrong...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2011, 03:46 PM   #2
Administrator
Microsoft MVP

Team Manager
- Networking
- Microsoft Support
- Hardware

It sounds like you need help with cleaning out malware, Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, please post the requested logs in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum, not here.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

Closed Thread