User Tag List

wierd issue

This is a discussion on wierd issue within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am using a HP pavilion dv7 laptop and for some reason lately when I try to type something it

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 08:24 PM   #1
Registered Member

I am using a HP pavilion dv7 laptop and for some reason lately when I try to type something it will all on it's own start typing w's, I am talking about a Huge string of them and sometimes it will do it when I hit any key. I thought maybe it was a virus and didn't have anything important on my laptop so I restored it back to factory settings but it is still doing it. I thought that it could be the w key sticking but It has done the weird thing when I have hit the d key among others. So now I am hoping you can help figure this out.

Many thanks ahead of time for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2015, 02:05 AM   #2
Registered Member

My System

Your laptop keyboard needs to be replaced. You can test this theory by using a USB Keyboard or the Onscreen Keyboard.
You can purchase a new keyboard from Ebay for as little as $14 US. You can go to Youtube to look for a video of instructions how to replace it
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Off WiFi Disconnect Issue
Hello, I have an odd WiFi issue in that every time anyone else on my network closes their laptop (put it to sleep) and disconnect from the WiFi connection, my WiFi also gets disconnected. The issue is happening on a Toshiba Satellite C675 running Windows 8, using an Xfinity Arris access...
spruiellio Networking Support 8 04-14-2013 03:55 AM
Weird Internet Issue
I say it's weird because I never had this issue up until I reformated to Win7. I never have had this issue while I was on XP Pro and as far as I know, the other computer in my house on XP Pro still doesn't have this issue. So currently I cannot make heads or tails on this. While I used to be very...
Memphis Helstro Networking Support 1 09-06-2012 01:02 AM
XP Internet Connectivity Issue... Please help!
Okay... so, I've had this cheap laptop for a year and a half. It's actually been great so far, and I've never had any issues with it. Unfortunately, I am now posting from my desktop, in the hopes that one of you fantastic tech support gurus can help me. :pray: I'm having an issue connecting...
MCBeef Windows XP Support 1 03-14-2011 04:56 PM
Xbox Live Connection Issue (still works but odd issue)
I've had this issue for quite some time now, and I think it may be due to recovering my gamertag on a different console, switching harddrive and doing a recovery, or just switching my Xbox in general. So here is my issue: everytime I turn on my Xbox it will automatically sign me into Xbox live...
KingMiedus Online/Network Gaming Support 5 01-30-2011 01:51 PM
[SOLVED] HEADSET ISSUE: I hear my voice in my headphones.
I have XP 32-bit. The headset i am having problems with is called the Razer Carcharias. (yes, i have installed the appropriate drivers, please dont go there, i know you mean well but trust me.) HERES MY PROBLEM: Somehow, the sound going into my mic is being transmitted through my headset. As a...
Pez Dex Other Hardware Support 9 01-26-2011 02:28 PM