Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Why can't I turn on my Dell computer anymore?

This is a discussion on Why can't I turn on my Dell computer anymore? within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Could you pls advise? I have a Dell Vostro all-in-one PC, with Win Vista home basic installed. For the last

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 12:36 PM   #1
Registered Member

Could you pls advise?

I have a Dell Vostro all-in-one PC, with Win Vista home basic installed. For the last 3 years, it has been running normally so far.

Today, just after I removed the external hard drive, suddenly the computer switched off. I tried to turn it on but there is no electricity indication. Nothing happened.

I checked the electricity plug, but it seemed ok as the lamp is on as usual.

Is there a virus that can do this? FYI, I have the Kaspersky internet security installed.

My sincere thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2013, 03:18 PM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

What happens if you reinstall the external HD. Also, please update your UserCP to show Vista as your OS.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:09 PM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 10 64 bit, Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX 10.11.5

My System

Remove the power plug from the computer and hold the power button down for 5 seconds. Plug the power plug directly into the wall socket and not through a surge protector or extension cord. Plug it back in the computer and try it again.
If this still fails, the Power Supply Unit in the computer may have failed.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BSOD with new vegas
Hi, I usually played this game fine, it BSOD a couple of time during gameplay but they were always isoleted accidents. Now I've re installed it and Every time I go out of the first building it BSOD after the loading screen. I've done a memory check and it came out without errors. Can someone...
Eingya PC Gaming Support 2 11-21-2012 04:31 PM
Windows XP Freezes Without Error Message or BSOD
My desktop randomly freezes and will not respond to keyboard or mouse inputs. No blue screen or error code is generated when this happens. Originally this occasionally happened shortly after resuming from standby. However, it has progressed to happen randomly anytime the computer is turned...
mattpete BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 14 11-20-2012 04:38 PM
BSOD: BCCode 50
I'm experiencing bluescreens every 2 - 5 days with BCCode 50. I followed your recommendation using Driver Verifier and encountered a bluescreen on re-boot. Attached .dmp file was created. Will appreciate your assistance to resolve the issue. Thanks!
terrgood BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 7 06-04-2011 05:26 AM
I've Tried Everything.. Need Some Help
I would like to start by saying thank you in advance... for attempting to help me find a fix :sayyes: f.y.i... if it matters, I run Comodo Internet Security 24/7 without fail. Comodo virus scans have never turned anything much up. I also run Malwarebytes scans & spuerantispyware scans from...
Dumblonde Resolved HJT Threads 36 06-03-2011 08:57 AM
Power Supply Information and Selection
:smile: CHOOSING AND UNDERSTANDING A POWER SUPPLY UNIT The power supply unit in today’s modern computer assumes a role probably more critical than any other single component in your system even when compared to the CPU and motherboard. Therefore, there are multiple factors that must...
Tumbleweed36 RAM and Power Supply Support 0 07-09-2006 04:41 PM