Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

What program options can solve this problem?

This is a discussion on What program options can solve this problem? within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. This is probably the wrong forum for this, but I don't know which forum I'd go to to say, "Hey,

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 11:53 AM   #1
Registered Member

This is probably the wrong forum for this, but I don't know which forum I'd go to to say, "Hey, there's something I want to do, I'm wondering if there's a program for that?"

I work in sports journalism, and advanced statistics are developing quickly, allowing us to analyze more aspects of the game. Well, a couple games, but the one I'm focusing on right now is hockey.

I'm dividing labor among a few guys to watch all the games this season and record various bits of information, and I'd like to be able to retrieve these massive amounts of information.

For example, let's say Player A scores a goal, assisted by Players B and C, with Players D and E also on the ice. He scores it on the power play against Players W, X, Y and Z, against Goalie A, in the second period.

I want to record all these details every time a goal happens, and then be able to pull up details like, "How many times has Player W had a goal scored against him?" or "How many times has Player D been on the ice for a power play goal on which he did not assist?"

The details we're recording are more intricate than that, but it's basically recording a bunch of details and trying to pull them up specifically. I'm sure there's software that would do what I'm looking for, I'm just trying to figure out what software I'm looking for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2014, 09:57 PM   #2
Registered Member

You could use a database like Access or SQL but most people use spreadsheets and formulas.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
There was a problem sending the command to the program
Can someone please help me with this stupid issue? Every time I try to open a Microsoft Word file or Excel file, a popup comes up displaying the "There was a problem sending the command to the program." message. I've done my research online but people's solutions didn't work for me. Here is a...
altjx Microsoft Office support 2 01-30-2013 08:56 PM
[SOLVED] Problem with client computer asking for credentials to install program
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question. If it is not, then please let me know or move the thread to the right place. With that aside, here is what I have as of now: I have a newly installed server running MS Server 2008 R2 (64bit) with Active Directory and DNS (domain is...
SC2_2047 Windows Servers 1 11-08-2012 08:15 PM
Problem with Removed Program
Help! I mistakenly removed a program (Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.1.0) and then chose a restore point from days before to rectify it. Now, when I boot up my computer, windows installer comes up for awhile & then goes away. When I click on Change/remove, a msg. "This patch pkg could not be...
wannabeageek Windows XP Support 14 04-11-2011 09:17 AM
[SOLVED] VCExpress Problem, Probably AppData\Permissions Problem?
I think it should be related to this forum because I think the problem is something with AppData \ Permissions which is related to Windows 7. I'm having a problem while running\installing Visual C++. The problem started 2 days ago, it did work before. When I'm trying to run I'm getting this...
benben12 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 8 02-09-2011 01:45 PM