Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

volume copy shadow service?

This is a discussion on volume copy shadow service? within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. What is Volume shadow copy service and should i be worried about it? Abotu the same time this started Mcafee

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 09:47 AM   #1

What is Volume shadow copy service and should i be worried about it? Abotu the same time this started Mcafee started going crazy and when i uninstalled it to try to fix it now it won't reinstall, the scan always fails and nothig happens. Now i can't even log onto the mcafee website to do anything because nothing happens when i click logon. Last time this happened was when i tried the beta for IE8 and i ended up doin a reinstall of everything. I would like to fix it without doin that now because it is a pain. any help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2009, 12:31 PM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

hi you need to use mcafee removal tool to completely remove your copy
https://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507
heree is some info on vscs https://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...adow-copy.aspx more info here
https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...py+vista&meta=

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:11 AM   #3

thx for the help. I'll try that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2009, 06:39 AM   #4

I had a similar situation. Computer went to a blue screen saying Volume Shadow Copy Service. Then listed an error of bad_ ??_ ??
It said that what ever new install I did , I needed to remove it. Thing is I never installed anythinig and hadn't in a month. Everytime I would turn on the computer, as soon as it finished loading it would go to this screen and restart. Said it was doing that to protect my computer.
I now start in "selected" to stay on and everything as far as I can tell is working fine. Except I can't open my Homestead program. It starts to open then doesn't. Homestead doesn't know what the hect is going on. I have tried removing and reloading McAfee, Homestead, AOL, Adobe, nothing seems to help. I also downloaded serv. pack 2 for Vista and updated everything from Windows and all. Bought Reg Tool and nothing has helped or led me to another try.
Closed Thread