04-10-2008, 04:28 PM
Join Date: Feb 2008
Problem solved...Can you believe I got help from Microsoft.
I couldn't use the normal recovery point because I was shut out as Administrator. Here is the answer:
1. Start the computer by using the Windows Vista DVD.
2. After starting from the DVD drive, when the "press any key to boot from CD or DVD" message is displayed on the screen, press a key.
3. Waiting for the CD to load Windows files.
4. Choose your language settings, and then click next.
5. Click "Repair you computer".
6. Select the operating system you want to repair, then click next.
7. Click on system restore. Wait while the system is restored.
8. When the system restore opens, click nect.
9. Select a restore point before installing the update/service pack or an early date when the computer was working properly.. Then click next.
10. Click next and finish to start the restore.
11. When the notification pops up, read the notification and click yes to begin system restore.
12. Should be able to log in after the restore is complete.