Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Vista Update Problem

This is a discussion on Vista Update Problem within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Apparently my computer ran MS Update and downloaded the updates and installed them this morning. Upon restarting I am now

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 03:51 PM   #1

Apparently my computer ran MS Update and downloaded the updates and installed them this morning. Upon restarting I am now locked out of the computer. When trying to get on (as adminstrator w/password) I get "The user profile service failed to log on. User profile cannot be loaded." I can sign on as a regular user but not as administrator, so I am unable to enter most areas. Any corrective action I have attempted asked for the password and it would appear the computer no longer accepts the password...HELP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2008, 04:28 PM   #2

Problem solved...Can you believe I got help from Microsoft.
I couldn't use the normal recovery point because I was shut out as Administrator. Here is the answer:
1. Start the computer by using the Windows Vista DVD.
2. After starting from the DVD drive, when the "press any key to boot from CD or DVD" message is displayed on the screen, press a key.
3. Waiting for the CD to load Windows files.
4. Choose your language settings, and then click next.
5. Click "Repair you computer".
6. Select the operating system you want to repair, then click next.
7. Click on system restore. Wait while the system is restored.
8. When the system restore opens, click nect.
9. Select a restore point before installing the update/service pack or an early date when the computer was working properly.. Then click next.
10. Click next and finish to start the restore.
11. When the notification pops up, read the notification and click yes to begin system restore.
12. Should be able to log in after the restore is complete.
Closed Thread