Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Vista - managing individual cookies and temp. int files

This is a discussion on Vista - managing individual cookies and temp. int files within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My Mom just got a new HP Desktop computer with Windows Vista Home Premium installed. It has been fairly easy

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 07:23 PM   #1

Confused

My Mom just got a new HP Desktop computer with Windows Vista Home Premium installed. It has been fairly easy for me to figure out how to delete all cookies, temp internet files and history. My Mom wishes to be able to select which cookies and which temp. internet files to delete and which to keep. How does one do this in VIsta? She would also like to get to this point via clicking on a cookies icon set up on her desktop. How can I set this up for her? I know XP to some extent not Vista. Help! Please! Seriously!

I also found a Vista compatibility listing ( find.pcworld.com/56584 ) in PC World magazine relating to a patch that will allow the running of older software and games within Vista. Do you have any experience or tales relating to this? My Mom has a number of older Mah-jong games.

Thank you!

lansehudie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DSO exploit, windows registry issue
I ran spybot on my girlfriend's computer and DSO exploit came up. Here is the HJT log. Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 9:19:54 PM, on 8/29/06 Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106) Running processes:
Nug. Inactive Malware Help Topics 4 08-30-2006 09:14 PM
Please help...HJT log info inside
I've ran Adaware SE and Pc-cillin housecall and I'm still getting popups continuously. Attached is my Analyzed hijack log. If more info is needed please let me know. Thank you. ==================================================================== Log was analyzed using KRC HijackThis Analyzer...
forsfed86 Inactive Malware Help Topics 11 11-14-2005 12:28 AM
Please help.
=========================I am having lots of problems with windows explorer, blocked web sites, slow performance... Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you in advance. Marty Party ...
marty party Inactive Malware Help Topics 8 09-19-2005 12:55 AM
Search200 problem can you help please?
I am so thankful for techsupportforum! Going crazy with this mean little trojan. I have downloaded and run Omegakiller, Hijackthis, and I have updated versions of Norton2005, Spy Sweeper, SpywareBlaster, Spybot. My system is XP. I can remove the trojan but it comes back. My Spy Sweeper let's me...
Jim Baker Resolved HJT Threads 30 08-28-2005 05:13 PM
Deleting temp and cookies files
I am going to defrag my moms computer and wanted to delete the temp files and cookies first but I can't find them. I have Windows 98 and they are not in the same place. :D Could someone tell me where they are, please? Thanks
angel Win 98 & ME Support 7 01-14-2003 10:48 AM