Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Videos, streams, Facebook, https not loading fully.

This is a discussion on Videos, streams, Facebook, https not loading fully. within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Good day all, This problem is boggling. It has been mentioned on many forums for as far back as 2008,

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 12:12 PM   #1
Registered Member

Cry

Good day all,

This problem is boggling. It has been mentioned on many forums for as far back as 2008, but I can not find any solution to it.

I have deduced that the problem should lie with windows, based on everything I have tried.

Problem: All videos on youtube, g4tv.com and all sites only load the first few seconds, and then "hang". Either it stops buffering or just hangs, but the video stops loading completely. Clicking around on the progress bar sometimes get the video to load another few seconds before hanging again. This occurs in both Flashplayer AND HTML5 players. Strangely enough, with the flashplayer, when I hit refresh, the video will all of a sudden play! But only for a split second before the page is reloaded and the hanging starts all over again. The extent of what loads is completely random, sometimes 5 seconds, sometimes 30 seconds....

Problem: Webpages like Facebook do not load properly - galleries do not show up, notifications and messages don't showing up in the popup window. The news feed loads a page full of stories, but does not continue to load when I scroll down. Another site which doesn't work is https version of telkom.co.za, so I think it's https sites in general. The rest of the internet works fine!

Here is what I have tried to do to which have all NOT resolved the problem:

Tried Telnet on, and off
Tried Port conflict (couldn't find any)
Tried resetting ip/dns release thingy (flushdns)
Tried moving headphones to another usb port (sound driver conflict or something)
Tried disabling USB headphone completely.
Tried online virus scan
Tried local virus scan
TRied malware scan (malwarebytes, adaware)
Tried uninstalling all virus scans
Tried IE, Chrome, Firefox browsers (exactly the same issues)
TRied older version of Flash (10), current is 11.1
Tried full uninstall, deleting files and reinstall of Flash and ALL Adobe software
Tried CCLeaner to clean out registry
Tried cleaning out internet cache, cookies, history, everything
Tried internet security settings on LOW
Tried no firewall, making sure it is off
Tried Disabling Shockwave and leaving flash
Tried Disabling Flashplayer and leaving Shockwave
Tried disabling everything in Chrome
Tried HTML5 (for videos), same problem (so it can't be a flash problem after all)
Tried device manager disabling certain items, and re-enabling them.
Tried unchecking hardware acceleration" in flash player
Tried messing around with ALL flashplayer settings.
Tried refreshing page quick and then stopping it before page reloads (as the video plays for a split second when I hit refresh)
Tried change the date formate from yyy/MM/dd to dd/MM/yyyy
Tried clicking "stop download" then play, will load another chuck of video, then still stop (same as clicking on progress bar?)
Tried second network port
Tried a different network cable
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling graphics drivers
Tried scanning harddrive surface through chkdsk startup
Tried resetting all Windows settings (services and startup) to default
Tried resetting date to different formats (dd/MM/yyyy, yyyy/MM/dd, MM/dd/yyyy)
Tried turning off synchronize internet time

I am at a loss, as is the rest of the connected world (it would seem)

Good luck figuring this one out!

Basic stats:

Computer setup: Win 7 64bit home basic, GTX560Ti graphics card, Flash latest version (11.1 I think), all drivers updated, all software updated.

Possible internet related questions you may have: We have two computers on the same internet connection, so this is not an ISP or wiring or internet problem, as my partner's computer functions without these hassles. He also has the same graphics card, same headphones, same versions of Flash, but Windows Ultimate 64bit.

Please, I would be exteremely grateful (as I'm sure will hundreds of others) if you can solve this one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #2
Registered Member

Also:

Tried command (as admin) - netsh resets of winsock, ipv4 and ipv6, restarted computer. Didn't work.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:52 PM   #3
Registered Member

Tried disabling UAC, didn't work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2012, 03:10 PM   #4
Registered Member

Quick update: Doozy - Must be Win7 Problem - Internet videos, Facebook, some https sites not loadin - Tech Support Guy Forums

Setting a public DNS in IP4 and IP6 as recommended to me in this thread has SOLVED the FB issue, but not the video issue.

I really need to jet now, will be back in the morning!
Closed Thread