Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

upload USB photos from Android phone

This is a discussion on upload USB photos from Android phone within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. What is the simplest way to upload photos from my Samsung Galaxy S5 to Win7 Professional PC? Phone is already

Old 01-27-2020, 06:22 PM   #1
Registered Member

What is the simplest way to upload photos from my Samsung Galaxy S5 to Win7 Professional PC? Phone is already USB connected to computer for charging. Thanks.
comdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2020, 07:48 PM   #2
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

hi open file exployer on left find your phone then click on it then on right side there will be a folder called dcim click on that and your pictures and videos will be in there then you can drag and drop to a folder of your choosing to your computer.

Mark thread solved under thread tools when issue has been resolved.
oscer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 08:01 PM   #3
Registered Member

There is no file explorer, only Windows Explorer...and no phone choice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2020, 08:04 PM   #4
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

sorry meant window explorer. then your computer not recognizing your phone. open device manager and go to universal serial bus controllers expand it and see if their is a unknown device is so right click on it and click on properties then driver tab then update driver

Old 01-27-2020, 09:07 PM   #5
Windows Tech Team

You need to check on your phone whether there is an option to connect for file transfer.

Most recent versions of Android connect only for charging by default, but also generally present a pop-up when you connect asking if you want to change the connection type and, if you don't respond then, you can often bring it back by doing the "swipe down from off the top of the screen" and find the status message about being connected for charging and to tap to change the connection type.

By the way, if you have a "transfer photos" option do not use it, it's easier to use the file transfer option, as the phone will then be connected as though it were a USB device and its internal and external (micro SD) storage shown as their own entries.
Old 01-27-2020, 09:10 PM   #6
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by britechguy View Post
You need to check on your phone whether there is an option to connect for file transfer.

Most recent versions of Android connect only for charging by default, but also generally present a pop-up when you connect asking if you want to change the connection type and, if you don't respond then, you can often bring it back by doing the "swipe down from off the top of the screen" and find the status message about being connected for charging and to tap to change the connection type.

By the way, if you have a "transfer photos" option do not use it, it's easier to use the file transfer option, as the phone will then be connected as though it were a USB device and its internal and external (micro SD) storage shown as their own entries.
I was just about to edit my post again about this then seen your post

Old 01-27-2020, 10:47 PM   #7
Registered Member

Thanks oscer1 and britechguy. There is no popup when I connect the USB cable to charge. My Android version is 6.0.1 and cannot be updated. Samsung SM-G900V
Old 01-27-2020, 11:27 PM   #8
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

When you plug phone in USB port on the phone swipe down from top of screen their should be something about charging click on it should give options for file transfer or something like that. I would check but I just went from the s7 to an iPhone can’t remember what it says

Old 01-27-2020, 11:27 PM   #9
Registered Member

I unplugged the USB cable on both ends, and reconnected it. Now the phone shows up in Device Manager. But still no option to change connection type on phone.
Old 01-27-2020, 11:29 PM   #10
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

If showing in device manager should show on windows explorer on left side

Old 01-27-2020, 11:40 PM   #11
Registered Member

I right clicked on the phone, and it seemed to recognize it. But when I tried to import photos, it says no new photos on device. I swiped down on the phone, and changed Use USB for from charging to File Transfer. Nothing happened. Now I changed to Photo Transfer.
Old 01-27-2020, 11:45 PM   #12
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

On left side of windows explorer left click on phone. Should bring up on right side of screen click on one of them then click on dcim your pictures and video should be there

Old 01-27-2020, 11:55 PM   #13
Registered Member

I downloaded FastStone Image Viewer and it downloaded my photos from phone! Thanks again. This is now resolved.
Old 01-27-2020, 11:58 PM   #14
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Ok really did not need to install a third party software to transfer photos but glad you got it resolved.