Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Unable to open any applications in x86

This is a discussion on Unable to open any applications in x86 within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I would be very grateful for any help. Today I opened a site that had malware/risks to my computer,

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 03:55 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi, I would be very grateful for any help.

Today I opened a site that had malware/risks to my computer, but Norton said that it prevented any harm. On the security history it says, "An intrustion attempt by ANNA-PC was blocked.", "consrv.dll (Backdoor.Trojan) detected by Auto-Protect", and "msimg32.dll (Packed.Generic.344) detected by Auto-Protect." It says everything was blocked, so I thought I wouldn't have any problems, but I can't open any applications anymore, even internet explorer and firefox.

For example, when I try to extract a file using WinRAR, a box pops up saying, "C:\Program Files\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe Application not found." Note: I can open the file with WinRAR and then extract to the documents, but I can't right click on the file and extract.

I can open Firefox, but the "Open with" box pops up, where I then go into Program Files(x86) for firefox. It opens, but then it says "Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that is refusing connections."

But, for some reason, Mobipocket Reader and Adobe Digital Editions open without problem.

Again, I'd appreciate any help with this problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2011, 05:29 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

I would suggest that you read the post below and open a new thread in the Malware forum so you can get the system cleaned:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

TSF does not support assistance through email or private messages, please keep all questions in the open forum.
Closed Thread