Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Unable to connect internet, LAN connection shows as not connected.

This is a discussion on Unable to connect internet, LAN connection shows as not connected. within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi this is Suresh, i have purchased a new HP laptop 10months ago. I use to access internet without any

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 05:50 PM   #1

Hi this is Suresh, i have purchased a new HP laptop 10months ago. I use to access internet without any issues and even now i am able to access it using the BSNL datacard but when i hook the ethernet cable to my laptop sometimes the LAN connection shows as enabled but the notification icon shows as not connected. I have uninstalled the network driver and re-installed it as instructed by one of the tech support from HP. After re-adding the driver the LAN connection shows as enabled, the notification icon shows as identifying the network but after sometime it shows as UNIDENTIFIED NETWORK, local access only but it will never acquire an IP. Once i disable and re-enable the LAN connection it gives a msg as there is an IP conflict but this laptop is not connected to the network. I tried even with the static IP but still no luck, i have configured the LAN settings to acquire the IP address automatically and the DNS but still it is not acquiring the IP it simply shows as identifying the network and gives a msg as UNIDENTIFIED NETWORK. I would really appreciate if anyone can help me to get this fixed. Please let me know if you require any information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2009, 01:49 AM   #2
- Microsoft Support

OS: XP, Vista, Seven, & a whole host you would never have heard of.Windows Ten 64 bit Pro

Hi, lose the automatically detect settings under "LAN" this is not want you want. Then go to device manager (start search devmgmt.msc) and locate your network card right click select uninstall if prompted do not uninstall the drivers reboot to take effect . Now go to start all programs accessories and right click on command prompt select "run as administrator" at the prompt type:-

Code:
netsh int ip reset  press enter restart to take effect
Let us know how you get on.