Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

trying to install lifecam

This is a discussion on trying to install lifecam within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I get error an error code 953691 when installing lifecam software for vista

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 07:37 AM   #1
Registered Member

I get error an error code 953691 when installing lifecam software for vista
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2011, 09:07 AM   #2
Enthusiast

That error can occur if the camera is plugged in to the PC before you begin the software installation. Unplug the camera from the usb port first. Now install the software. At some point during the software installation, it will prompt you to plug the camera in to the usb port. Do not plug it in until it prompts you to do so.

That procedure applies to most USB devices which require external driver software (eg printers, scanners etc)
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
my pc wont boot windows 2008 install disk
hello basically i have a pc and it refuses to boot windows server 2008 install dvd by tht i mean it gets to the actual install start loads the background and does nothing else plus it also will not install windows 7 nor ubuntu server but it will install xp this completely boggles me and i have no...
carmina917 Windows Servers 1 06-24-2011 12:55 PM
Unbelievable SLOW install of Win XP Pro on very old laptop (12 hours and counting ...
hi, on my very old laptop that i kept for compatibility reasons (to be able to run some old dos progs and games and win3 to win ME stuff) i am just trying to install win xp pro. the laptop has a Pentium I 233MMX and 128 MB Ram. the notebook model is the Mitac 5026. now i know xp...
7stone Windows XP Support 5 04-09-2011 02:14 AM
cannot copy shdocvw.dll during repair install
I'm doing a repair install of my XP Pro SP3 system. The reason for the repair install is that I installed a new motherboard, and the system is not able to boot with the new motherboard until I wipe the drivers that were in place for the old motherboard. The repair install went fine until I got...
mike1127 Windows XP Support 1 02-22-2011 07:36 PM
Problem after problem, xp repair install
OS: XP Pro GPU: Asus Radeon HD 3850 CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2.6GHz Dual-Core Black Edition Processor MoBo: Foxconn A7GM-S RAM: OCZ SLI 2GB (X1) DDR2 800 SDRAM 2.1V; Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2 800 SDRAM 2.2V. (btw just noticed they run dif timing doh) Power Supply: RAIDMAX...
komayaka Windows XP Support 2 01-25-2011 03:22 PM