Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Trying to bring my Toshiba laptop back from the dead

This is a discussion on Trying to bring my Toshiba laptop back from the dead within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. For several days I have been trying to repair issues w/ my Toshiba laptop, that just started happening suddenly. With

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 09:50 AM   #1
Registered Member

My System

For several days I have been trying to repair issues w/ my Toshiba laptop, that just started happening suddenly. With lots of reading, I've been able to bring the computer back from only booting into safe mode. Now with normal boot it takes up to 20 min. to fully boot. Then once everything starts, a click of any function can take 8 to 10 min. All things eventually seem to work.

I would appreciate help. Please let me know what things are needed to evaluate what is wrong. Please be specific to what is needed and how I would perform the procedure, enabling me to attach it back here for review.

Thanks, Tomween1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2011, 11:46 AM   #2
Visiting Expert
Microsoft Support Team

My System

Hi Tomween,

After you get it booted and such, open up the RUN window and type MSCONFIG and then click on the START-UP tab. Take a look there and see what is actually starting up when you boot up. Feel free to do a screen shot of your msconfig start-up files and post them for me to look at. Quite often, a lot of that stuff is superfluous and unnecessary and can literally bring your system to a crawl.

Good day.

Mike

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toshiba Dead Laptop
Hi everyone, I have a toshiba satellite a200-244, and after about 15 months of use it use to switch off on its own now and then. I half heartedly searched for the problem but could not get through to the main problem which I later found out was the dust in the cooling system. Anyway, soon...
undisclosed Laptop Support 1 04-17-2011 02:17 PM
Toshiba laptop cuts off at random times during boot up
Bare with me as I try to explain what's going on with my laptop. The model is a Toshiba A205-S4607. I got it back in 2007, it came with Vista but I ended up putting Windows 7 on it about 6 months ago. Anyway, about 2 days ago my laptop had died while I wasn't using it and I plugged it in and it...
Syn3rgy1 Laptop Support 1 02-27-2011 10:48 PM
redirect to mywebface, mywebsearch, and wizard101
For the past few days, I have been getting redirected to mywebface or wizard101.com when I visit some websites, not all, but they are normal and safe websites that I visit and have always visited, but now I'm getting this redirection. I will refresh the website and it will redirect again. This only...
woodman123 Resolved HJT Threads 19 02-16-2011 09:13 PM
Laptop Shuts down at Random, Must wait to turn it back on
Windows XP!!! Alright, this is the most strange issue that has ever occured while fixing a computer for me.. My friend has a toshiba laptop, 4gb ram.. Dual 2.66Ghz processors, amidon or whatever.. sorry im half asleep It runs fine, untill he does something that requires graphical drivers i...
Chris1327 Windows XP Support 6 01-28-2011 05:53 PM
Toshiba A305 laptop restarts on AC power
Hello,My name is shamzir and i am from India.I am using Toshiba satellite A305-s6858 model.A few months back,my laptop had an issue of not starting on ac power.It was starting fine on battery.After doing some research,I found that the problem can be solved by disabling one processor core.After...
shamzir Laptop Support 0 01-09-2011 08:52 AM