Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Troubles with connecting to some websites

This is a discussion on Troubles with connecting to some websites within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I've my Vista Ultimate (currently on 30-days trial) since yesterday, most of things seem to work fine except that

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 01:13 AM   #1

Cry

Hello,

I've my Vista Ultimate (currently on 30-days trial) since yesterday, most of things seem to work fine except that I cannot access to some websites, like Windows Update! also found one more site that was working fine on my XP but not on Vista. Whats wrong? Its just default instalation, no third party applications like firewall or something, I even disabled the built-in firewall but it doesnt help. Almost resigned after many hours of trying to google for any solution, the only thing that allows me to connect to those sites are via proxy which isnt the best solution as most of proxies hasnt best speed besides on my other pc where I have XP I can connext to those sites so... this is so odd..

Cannot access* to those sites:

https://update.miscrosoft.com (its a biggest pain cos cant download any updates)
https://go.microsoft.com
https://forumprawne.org
also cannot play BF2142 because its trying to get access to login server which isnt accessible on my Vista too.

I am sure there is more, just havent found them out yet.

* - no matter what I use, it can be eaither IE, Opera, Firefox or Windows Update, all I see is something like:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
- You are not connected to the Internet.
- The website is encountering problems.
- There might be a typing error in the address.

Of course I am connected to the internet

My PC specs are:

AMD64 X2 4200+, 2G DDR2, 400GB HDD, GF8800GTX, ADSL modem (connected to my pc's network card and using PPPoE)

Please help, I am so helpless and feels like I lost 500 bucks for nothing, seems the only thing left is roll back to XP :/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2007, 08:32 PM   #2
TSF Team Emeritus

My System

I can't acces windows update either at least not by going directly to the site, try going to start>all programs and selecting windows update, bet that will work.

As far as the other 2 sites you listed I can no problem

JOIN TEAM TSF
Old 03-04-2007, 10:25 PM   #3

I tried that too, it doesnt help anyway uninstalled Vista and I am back on XP, everything is working fine here.
Closed Thread