Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Touchpad not working

This is a discussion on Touchpad not working within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My Asus touchpad won't work. Originally left button became unresponsive then entire touchpad stopped working. Was able to use the

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 09:54 PM   #1
Registered Member

My Asus touchpad won't work. Originally left button became unresponsive then entire touchpad stopped working. Was able to use the touchpad in safe mood, but now the left button seems to be becoming unresponsive again. Troubleshoot says touchpad is up to date and working properly. Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2013, 12:49 AM   #2
Troubled

If it's fully functional in Safe Mode then the hardware is good. Try a System Restore to a time prior to when the problem 1st started. There could be an issue with the device driver, although why it would only show up in "normal mode" I can't say. Well, it could be malware hiding as your touchpad's driver, but that's a bit "out there" at this point. Might be worth checking Hardware manager, click "show hidden devices" and report any flagged devices there might be.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:25 AM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

you can try deleting the drivers then reinstalling.
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2013, 01:23 AM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 10 64 bit, Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX 10.11.5

My System

What is the make and model # of your Asus laptop? Go to the Asus drivers site. Type in your make and model# and download the Touchpad driver for your computer.
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download
Old 04-17-2013, 05:41 AM   #5
Visiting Expert
Microsoft Support Team

As suggested above, doing a clean reinstall of the touchpad driver could fix the issue.

Let us know how you go with this.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Acer V5-171 Synaptic Touchpad erratic movement
The touchpad on my V5-171 suddenly started behaving really erratically after I closed the lid on it. I've had windows 8 for about 2 months now and it's been working fine. I haven't downloaded anything before it stopped working and I haven't installed any new software in about three weeks. ...
Mr_Singh Laptop Support 3 12-18-2012 05:19 AM
compaq f767nr laptop caps light,scroll light, touchpad blue light not working
Hi, I have a compaq f767nr laptop, but recently caps light,scroll light, touchpad blue light not working. num lock, touchpad red light showing. pls help.
syful Laptop Support 1 11-12-2011 08:17 PM
Touchpad and keyboard stop working after wake-up.
My friend has a DELL STUDIO 1569 laptop. When he tries to open his laptop after putting it to sleep or hibernation(either by closing it or by Windows commands), touchpad and keyboard stop working, but his USB mouse still functions. We unplugged the power cord and everything worked fine. Then we...
rooztech Laptop Support 0 11-06-2011 08:46 PM
Touchpad stopped working?
My laptop touchpad suddenly quit on me all of a sudden. When I try to use it and just click and highlight this text, for example, it will highlight, but when I click again to get rid of it, it won't work. I'll have to click multiple times, and then it stops, but then the whole thing gets...
Fireblazex3 Other Hardware Support 1 10-29-2011 03:28 AM
Dell D630 Touchpad and stick problems.
Hi: I have a Dell D630 that I got recently. The touchpad and stick were working fine, but yesterday I tried to use them and realized that something happened and now they are not working. I have been using a Microsoft wireless USB mouse. If I go to Device Manager, I have to click on "show hiden...
Aguilabrava Laptop Support 8 06-06-2011 12:16 PM