Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

TEMP profile problem

This is a discussion on TEMP profile problem within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Can I restore files from Temporary Profile because a few days ago I accidentally moving my files to the TEMP

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 07:55 PM   #1
Registered Member

Can I restore files from Temporary Profile because a few days ago I accidentally moving my files to the TEMP profile, meanwhile I didn't know that it was a temporary profile (I just confused because of the 'brand new' desktop).

And that file is a very Private and very important to me. What should I do?Thx.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2013, 08:07 PM   #2
Registered Member

My System

Go to C:\Users\Default User and see if your files are there. If so, copy them to your usual profile name
Old 07-27-2013, 08:22 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunk.funk View Post
Go to C:\Users\Default User and see if your files are there. If so, copy them to your usual profile name
Nothing...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2013, 09:15 PM   #4
Registered Member

My System

The Default User Temp profile erases all files after each reboot.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:02 PM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
The Default User Temp profile erases all files after each reboot.
So, what can I do?Is using third-party-program helps?
Old 07-28-2013, 02:22 AM   #6
Registered Member

My System

A Default (temporary) Profile is just a basic profile that will be used if your normal profile fails. If you rebooted your computer after saving files to your temporary profile, then you have lost those files, as they are deleted after each reboot. I don't think it will help, but you can use the free TestDisk Program, I have had the best luck with GetDataBack to try and recover your lost files.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:35 AM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
A Default (temporary) Profile is just a basic profile that will be used if your normal profile fails. If you rebooted your computer after saving files to your temporary profile, then you have lost those files, as they are deleted after each reboot. I don't think it will help, but you can use the free TestDisk Program, I have had the best luck with GetDataBack to try and recover your lost files.
So, what action do you recommend to recover THOSE files?
Old 07-29-2013, 11:14 AM   #8
Registered Member

My System

Quote:
you can use the free TestDisk Program, I have had the best luck with GetDataBack to try and recover your lost files.
Closed Thread