Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Start up issue on Dell Inspiron 1525

This is a discussion on Start up issue on Dell Inspiron 1525 within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I bought my Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop three or four years ago. I have had multiple issues with it from

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 09:16 AM   #1
Registered Member

I bought my Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop three or four years ago. I have had multiple issues with it from the beginning. Over the last several months I have devoured the internet in search of help fixing it, with no luck. My warranty on it has expired so there is no tech support through Dell without charge. I have not taken it into a repair shop, because I'm trying not to spend anymore money on it than I already have on the past issues. I did buy my laptop refurbished.. not sure that has anything to do with it?
THE PROBLEM:
When starting my laptop it directly goes to a screen that tells me to choose "Launch Startup Repair (recommended)" or "Start Windows Normally". No matter which I choose it goes to a page that says Microsoft Corporation at the bottom and has a loading bar type thing. After a couple minutes of sitting on that screen it goes to a blueish/blackish, lit up, blank screeen. No mouse or anything. It wont do anything else but THAT.

Any suggestions or ideas on what could be wrong or what I need to do to fix my laptop would be great! I spent a great deal of money on my computer and all its been is one problem after another! Extremely frustrated!

Please Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2012, 09:51 AM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Refurbished doesn't necesarily = bad computer. Problems can occur with new one also. Try continually tapping F8 after loading bar disappears and choose: Last Known Good Configuration (Advanced)

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:10 AM   #3
Registered Member

I tried pressing F8.. nothing happened.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2012, 11:55 AM   #4
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Don't hold down, just keep tapping on startup. If that doesn't work, do you have a Vista OS disc?

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:24 PM   #5
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to animesh_joshi

Last known good configuration and/or safe mode are the first things to try. Next is to try repairing your OS using a system repair disk. Next, you need to check your Disk and/or Memory. Follow the below instructions for that:

As soon as the computer starts, if you tap on F2 can you get into BIOS?

Try and run the built-in disk scan and memory scan diagnostics tools. If you don't find them, change to the boot order to boot from CD and you might have to try 3rd party (free) disk and memory test tools.
Closed Thread