Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

[SOLVED] Windows 7 Temp Profile Problem

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Windows 7 Temp Profile Problem within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi there, I've been having a problem with a machine on my workplaces network. The users local profile corrupted, so

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 04:55 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi there,

I've been having a problem with a machine on my workplaces network. The users local profile corrupted, so i did what any Technician would do and backed up her local profile then deleted it from "C:Users\(Users Logon)". I then restarted the machine and logged back in as her. However, rather than just creating a new local profile the machine logged her in with a temporary profile. I have since done the same process but with my account and the same problem occurs. I have also tenaciously researched this problem on the internet, but could only find suggestions on what to delete in regedit. I have tried all of the suggestions but to no prevail.

Any light anyone can shine on this issue would be much appreciated.
Thank You.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2011, 11:24 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

A vague attempt at helping but not being too certain myself...

Can't you just create a new profile from the temp profile? Login to the new profile, transfer files you need?
Old 05-23-2011, 12:34 AM   #3
Registered Member

Hi Stephen,

Have just tried this and unfortunately it still logs me in with a temp profile. Thanks for the suggestion though. Any others are more than welcome :)

Thank You
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2011, 01:37 AM   #4
Registered Member

Have just solved the problem :) Thank you Stephen for putting me on the right track :D. In the end i just had to point her profile path to the locally cached profile and it seemed to work fine. Had to move the file over into it though. Thanks for the help :)
Old 05-23-2011, 10:43 PM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

Glad you worked it out and thank you for setting the thread as solved, it will hopefully help others in the future.

Take care.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"XP Security 2011" Virus
I am having some serious problems. I believe I have some sort of virus. This XP SECURITY 2011 keeps popping up trying to make me buy their program. It seems to have disabled my Internet and also my task manager. Anyone have a solution here? Thanks in advance.
BigHock Windows XP Support 6 05-14-2011 12:23 PM
Can someone help me see what's up?
I'm a real computer noob I don't know exactly what's going on but ill try to describe it, mostly I'm concerned about a keylogger though. The other problems are every now and then on Google I'll click a link and I'll get sent to some random website, sometimes outta nowhere a new tab will open up to...
soboman Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 13 05-13-2011 02:20 PM
Start menu programs gone, Icons, files and folders hidden, random audio, IE redirect
Last night, I was surfing the net. Suddenly audio started playing on my speakers, and desktop icons started disappearing. Then I got a notice like "your IDE/SATA drive has failed....." i hit control+alt+delete, and it said task manager has been disabled by the administrator, which, or course is me...
ynpguy Resolved HJT Threads 16 04-02-2011 09:23 PM
Antivira Av - fake AV software, completely hijacked everything
One of my family members has somehow ended up with this on their computer. I wasn't able to follow the instructions in the sticky as it wont let me run anything. DSS amd GMER just got closed as soon as I open them. I can't even open the taskmanager or add/remove programmes. There are a few removal...
parabola50 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 9 02-22-2011 10:10 AM
Viruses, Lagging, Crashing, explorer, svchost, system32 and more..
I'm at wits end with my computer and think I'll have to get it sent to a professional but alas, I'm in Oz, I don't know who to go to or what prices they charge or how long they hold it for. I start uni again in a month and I want a working computer - so this is my last resort! Will try to explain...
sillychook Resolved HJT Threads 20 02-06-2011 03:12 AM