Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

[SOLVED] Thunderbird email sending from deleted account?

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Thunderbird email sending from deleted account? within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. New here, so if I'm in the incorrect spot, please forgive me. I've been sending mail on my thunderbird account

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 07:52 AM   #1
Registered Member

Question

New here, so if I'm in the incorrect spot, please forgive me.

I've been sending mail on my thunderbird account (which I've had for years now) and was confused because of no replies to urgent mails. One sent to my hubby was questioned...why did I send it from our deleted business account?

OK....all my 'sent' messages are from me. But for some reason, even though I deleted the business account from Thunderbird MONTHS ago when our business was dissolved, the 'sent from' address is from the deleted account. MY account says it was sent from me, but the recipient has the deleted address listed as the sender.

HELP! I've changed nothing recently! And I can't even get to the old address on Thunderbird, but it is still active on the original G-mail for record keeping purposes only.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2012, 01:14 PM   #2
Registered Member

Something that can be a little confusing about Thunderbird, is that the settings for outgoing mail servers is separate from incoming.

In the account settings for Thunderbird, at the bottom, should be something about SMTP or outgoing servers. I forget off the top of my head, and I'm at work where I'm stuck with Outlook. In any case, you need to go in there and make sure that the settings for the defunct business account are deleted, or at least not set as the default.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:30 AM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 10 64 bit, Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX 10.11.5

My System

Quote:
Go to "Tools -> Account Settings -> Outgoing Server (SMTP)".
Select the server and press the Edit... button.
Check the "Use name and password" option.
Add your username. Your username might be your full e-mail address (e.g., "[email protected]") or only the part before the "@" ("johndoe"), depending on your service provider; check with them which is correct.
Click "OK".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2012, 01:02 AM   #4
Registered Member

Thanks so much. There were two outgoing servers, default and another one. Upon checking both, one was indeed from the deleted account. Somehow, it was on that one for the last few weeks, so it's now deleted thanks to your advice. :) Appreciate the quick replies from you both! Another tip learned from good people. :D
Old 09-07-2012, 01:34 AM   #5
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 10 64 bit, Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX 10.11.5

My System

You are welcome! Please mark this thread solved in the thread tools at the top.
Attached Images

Old 10-12-2012, 07:23 AM   #6
Registered Member

I lost my send button in mozilla thunderbird.
I download mozilla thunderbird 16.0.1 and the send button dos not appear.
How can I find the e mail button "send"
Old 10-12-2012, 07:25 AM   #7
Registered Member

I did not delete the account. I can recieve the emails
Closed Thread